Geckler and Associates Inc. (Andy Geckler, Rich Geckler, Cathy Geckler, Steve Karl) just went "under" and took our money with them.What can?

Asked by M&M, Woodbury, MN Thu Sep 30, 2010

we do?

Answers

14
Honest, , Maple Grove, WA
Wed Feb 16, 2011
Andy Geckler works out at Fittness 19 in lakeville. He seems to go in the am around 8am. If I can serve him, I would be happy to help. Im at CollectinGEEZ@aol.com
personal fri…, Home Buyer, Prior Lake, MN
Tue Aug 11, 2015
I feel sorry for him...AndY Geckler's first wife left him once all this hit the fan and his new (2013) wife was cheating on him both before and after they were married. He worked as a manager at Domino's Pizza for Christ's sake.The guy is paying in a very karma sort of way,if not a financial one.
The Geckler Family, Dick, Vickie, and sons are not criminals or bad people. They just
got in over their heads with a business that grew fast, too fast to control, lost control, and crashed. I can say this after working a year for them and not being paid. Despite all their challenges and bad decisions, they are still "family"
Flag Thu Jul 14, 2016
Huh???, Home Buyer, Minnesota
Tue Oct 26, 2010
sent a demand letter and his wife signed for it.
serve him at his house.
Huh???, Home Buyer, Minnesota
Tue Oct 12, 2010
believe he is "working" out of his house
Rileysmom, Home Buyer, Saint Paul, MN
Mon Oct 11, 2010
I am with ya! We are out about $7500... now we have no home and no were to go. We are trying to serve him but he seems to be very good at alluding our process server. I am beyond mad!
Huh???, Home Buyer, Minnesota
Thu Oct 7, 2010
I believe they are no longer in their office. The number to there office is disconnected.
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Are they also a brokerage in addition to contractors/builders? Then your money should theoretically be in an escrow account. Contact your attorney and check it out! Don't be shy about visiting their offices too if they are still open. Track them down and get your money back if it is a substantial amount.
Markustalk, Home Buyer, Jordan Mines, VA
Wed Oct 6, 2010
I am having the same issue with Geckler. I'm out about $6,000 because he disappeared without paying for the landscaping and part of the flooring, but it sounds like you have a bigger problem. Now I've got impatient subs filing liens and threatening to foreclose if I don't pay for it (again). That seems odd that they would foreclose though since a Sherrif's sale wouldn't pay the primary let alone the unpaid subs.
Brad Anderson, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Your best bet is to contact a Real Estate attorney, and see what re-course you have.
M&M, Home Buyer, Woodbury, MN
Thu Sep 30, 2010
What I'm looking to find out is what can we do to go after them to get our money and really damages. This has put our family in a very bad situation and has cost us even more money then we expected. I know they are INC. but is there a way to go after them personally? We are even thinking if we can go after thier realtor because he was involved with all the lie's and everything?
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Sep 30, 2010
in Florida, the contractors' licensing board has a recovery fund similar to the real estate one. Here they are part of the dept of business and professional regulation. good luck.
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Thu Sep 30, 2010
M&M,

I would contact the commerce department and find out of if you can file a claim against the MN Real Estate and Recovery Fund. They are a builder, but it does involve real estate, so I am not sure it this would be a qualified claim.

http://www.commerce.state.mn.us

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com
Amy Peterson,…, Agent, Coon Rapids, MN
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Sorry to hear about your situation. I would start with the MN Attorney General's office so they are aware of it, and they may be able to refer you to another source working on legal issues related to that builder/broker. You may also want to contact a real estate attorney to discuss your options.
Web Reference:  http://www.Realtor-Amy.com
Lenny Frolov, Agent, Brooklyn Park, MN
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Contact an attorney although I am unclear about your question.
Web Reference:  http://www.lennyfrolov.com