Asked by Justin Lowe, Baltimore, MD • Fri Feb 1, 2013
My boyfriend (29), parents (50â€™s and fun), and I (33) are considering relocating to Florida in the next year. We are not planning on living together, but want to be close to each other. Currently, we live in Maryland and are finding the cold to be a bit much. We want to live near the beach and where there sun rules the days. We were told Fort Lauderdale would be a good option, but where?
1. Close to, but not in, a larger city
2. Reasonably priced houses to purchase (200k-450k)
3. Decent job market and lots of options
4. Upstanding neighborhoods (nothing low-income)
5. A melting pot of ages would be helpful (30 is fine)
6. Big yard for the dogs (4 of them)
7. Close (~30 minutes) to a nightlife (including, but not limited to, gay bars)
8. Fairly close (within 30 minutes) of the beach
9. Bonus Points: A local Comcast Cable office (BF works for them)
We would love to hear suggestions for towns & neighborhoods. Thanks for your help!
Real Estate in Fort Lauderdale
Popular Categories in Fort Lauderdale
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!