Gated Community Homes

Asked by Tajinder Singh, 95835 Wed Apr 24, 2013

My family and I are looking for a 4-6 bedroom home in a gated community, prefferably in the Westlake Natomas gated community or a gated community in Elk Grove. We're hoping to find a home that does not exceed $420K. Thank-you.

TJ

Answers

2
Randall Ortiz, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Hi Tajinder,

Contact me if you would like help getting setup with a mortgage broker to get pre-approved and I can also setup an automated search that will find homes in the areas you would like to search.
916-529-3707
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Tajinder, Once you are prequalified for a home by a lender, it's easy to get subscribed on a client portal to be alerted when homes such as Westlake properties come on the market so that you can view them. It's a beautiful area especially if you can get a lakeside property.

What will be the challenge is competing with lots of other buyers in our market today. Many buyers offer over listed price, and also more than appraised value. There are ways to get ahead of that curve, but until you actually experience it, you may think that I'm exaggerating.

Inventory is extremely low, so there are multiple offers on most homes. A home that is overpriced might actually make a good potential consideration. A home priced within market value will get 20-25 offers. If a seller priced their home too high, they have the potential for being overlooked and by the time they admit to needing to reduce the price, many buyers had already rejected it off of their portal--essentially reducing the number of buyers that you would compete with. There are some other ways as well to try to get an edge in this market (not willing to share them all here and let out my secrets...). Just consider that it will take some time and persistence to get the home of your dreams. There are ways!! Good luck.