Foreign house buyer ?

Asked by Andy.T, Los Angeles County, CA Sun Jun 3, 2012

I'm a foreign national looking to buy a property around L.A area as a long term investment, what are the procedures of purchasing a house by non - US citizen ? is it possible to obtain a mortgage as foreigner ? Is there a special type of agent who will deal with foreign buyers or any real estate agent could handle this type of procedure ? thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Richard- El…, Other Pro, Augusta, GA
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes
Nur Akman Ci…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Aug 2, 2013
It's called the foreign national mortgage program, not every bank gives it, the ones that provide this program has different options. It starts with 30% down payment for 30 years.

The best choice will be a local agent with CIPS designation (certified International Property Specialist) (we finished 5 courses, application with a long criteria list to be eligible to get designation) It was very intense education program from details how to handle transactions with foreigners here in USA, even in other countries in the world to high context- low context cultures and differences how to understand and make business with them, many many details.

Another good choice is the local agents that have experience with foreigners.

A good agent gives education from how the real estate transactions works to market analyzes. Every country is different, in some countries like here there is education and license, then continuous education, in some countries no education, no license. Here in USA, it's a team job. Not just your agent, also title company,escrow, bank, .... And every state has their own rules and style of doing business.

Also in USA, the seller pays both their agent and buyer's agent's service fee, so this service is free for buyers.

If you have any questions, would like to learn more, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Nur Akman
166 Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(001) 310 428 6573
0 votes
Endre Barath, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
AT there are no restrictions to purchase property in the greater Los Angeles area eventhough you are not a US Citizen. The restrictions come from the ammount of deposit you have to put down to satisfy a lender minimum usually is 50% plus you have to have proof of income.... if you like more information please contact me directly at
Web Reference:
0 votes
Neal Grusky, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
You are in experienced hands here. Not only have I worked with foreign buyers, but Ive helped buyers who couldnt be here in Los Angeles area for 90 % of the deal. My loan broker and I can help you smoothly through the process without any dely or complications. Feel free to call me anytime so we can begin finding your dream home.

Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 652-1768
| Fax: (800) 652-7604
0 votes
Elena Jovis, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012

Yes, it's possible to buy a property in LA as a foreign national as well as getting financed by a US lender.
Usually, in order to obtain a loan as a non-US citizen, you need to have a bigger down payment.
I work with many foreign buyers and take care of everything for them (including getting a loan).

Please visit my website:
Or email me: for a confidential analysis of your situation.

Best regards,

Elena Jovis
Nourmand & Associates
0 votes
Janey Bishop, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
As a foreign national the highest priority is a lender who is familiar with this type of transaction. The rest is straightforward for an experienced realtor. If youo are interested in the San Fernando Valley, especially Calabasas or Woodland Hills I would be happy to help you.

Janey Bishop
Rodeo Realty Calabasas
0 votes
Alvaro Lozano, Agent, San Gabriel, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
A. T.: I am here to help you, this neghborhood is Fine. Call me for Instructions (626) 825-9444 CA DRE 01360485
0 votes
Sue Wylie, Agent, South Burlington, VT
Sun Jun 3, 2012
I work with an International Company, Engel & Volkers. We conduct business worldwide, and especially with people like yourself looking to invest in the US. Please call me for a confidential, no obligation chat. I would need to know a few more details before i could advise your best course.
Sue Wylie, 310-831-8311
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more