Foreclosure ?Short sale period ended with no sale and auction date was 1/24/08. The trustee bank says that

Asked by Ali, Burr Ridge, IL Thu Mar 6, 2008

CountryWide owns this property now. Countrywide doesn't know anything about it still and it isn't showing up on their REO properties. I have left several messages with Countrywide and no response. What is the next step after it becomes a bank owned property? How do I place an offer on this home when it is in limbo???
Thank you-

Answers

2
Christopher Walker’s answer
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Pretty much the only way will be to wait for the property to become available as a listing with a Realtor. Countrywide will not be able to provide much information to you before then. I have found it pretty effective to secure a note to the door asking that whoever is re-keying or doing any work on the property to call me. If they call, ask them who placed the order for the work. It will usually be the Realtor who is going to be listing the property. You can take it from there. Another suggestion would be for you to get together with a local Realtor familiar with bank owned property and have them do the leg work for you.
Mary Bremer, Agent, WHEATON, IL
Thu Mar 6, 2008
In the past, I have written a letter and faxed it to the Loss Mitigation Dept. of Countrywide. REFERENCE the mortgage account number which you can get online if you go to the County Recorders website - or - go to the county offices directly. I have received responses in the past using this method.
Web Reference:  http://www.marybremer.com