Bernadette B…, Home Buyer in Newtown Square, PA

For Newtown Township, Delaware county public access R-10 where can I find residential classifications?

Asked by Bernadette Boyle, Newtown Square, PA Thu Apr 8, 2010

Can you list property as multi-family when not approved that way 301 summit 19073? Full disclosures?

Steve Sisman’s answer
Good afternoon Bernadette, the easiest waay to verify zoning classification and usage is to contact the Newtown Township zoning officer. With regard to the property usage, single family or multi-family, the zoning officer is again the best person to contact. It is possible that the above was used as a multi-family unit prior to current zoning regulations; however, it may not qualify for multiple use today. I hope that my response gives you some direction. Please feel free to contact me, if you are not currently contracted with a licensed real estate professional, with any additional questions or concerns. Thanks for taking the time to review my response, Steve
Web Reference: http://www.SteveSisman.com
Small correction. Public records only show "Residential", which it is. The listing shows duplex.

Terrence Charest
Check out the link below. According to the township, there is nothing above R5. I am thinking that it may be R1-O (most likely for "other"). I looked at the public records and if this is the same property, it is currently being used as a duplex. Are you working with a real estate agent?

One small hint for you. If you do put in an offer for the property, do so with a contingency that the owner gets a signed and certified letter from the zoning office allowing the "duplex". If you wish for some other use of the property, then it would be up to you to see if other zoning is allowed, but put a similar contingency in the offer.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Terrence Charest
Century 21 Associates
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550