Flatbush Gardens area?

Asked by ms_kisu, Brooklyn, NY Tue Oct 22, 2013

We are interested of a property in the vicinity of Flatbush Gardens, but a bit drawn back, because the complex seems to have a very terrible reputation. How is the area these days? How do you think that the complex affects the property prices? Is there chance for FG getting over its project-stigma in your opinion? Thanks!

Answers

2
Joan Hilaire, Renter, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Nov 11, 2013
Well I currently live here and although yes it has changed alot for the better, it still has issues.....
I grew up around here so I know what used to be of over here, but in my opinion the only change is rent prices, and apt renovations, Ive yet to see "Security" when things happen outside or in the buildings, No noise control....Although its not the most horrible place to live I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone, In my opinion I think as long as the management is willing to accept Section 8 residents there wont be a change....Im currently waiting for my lease to be up...
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Oct 23, 2013
Keep on mind that opinions are subjective, and none of us can accurately predict the future; therefore
visit the neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging, and determine if your comfort level can be reached; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods....
Thank you, I absolutely agree! We know the area, but never lived nearby. The reactions we get from ppl when asking this question are so different from each other, but just curious of the "public opinion". Our issue is mostly that going towards winter many neighborhood is very different than in the midst of the summer. The platform to ask the question about stigma of projects was probably a bit wrong, but tis is because some of the previous residents of FG still consider them projects, whereas I'm curious if current residents think the same. Thanks for your input!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013