First time homebuyer looking at houses in the range of 100K - 150K in Chandler, Phoenix, or Gilbert. Is this range realistic?

Asked by Thomas Young, Avondale, AZ Tue Jun 4, 2013

First time home buyer here and have a few concerns for anyone willing to answer:

- I'm looking at houses in the range of 100K - 150K in Chandler, Phoenix, or Gilbert. I've been approved for this, but am wondering if this range is feasible in the real estate market right now?

- If it is feasible, I'm not sure how to go about getting the right real estate agent. Recommendations are welcome.

A few notes about me: My three credit scores are above 700. I've been in my line of work for about 1.7 yrs now not including 4 yrs. undergraduate education beforehand.

Thanks for anyone's time in reading this.

Answers

19
Adam Tarr PC, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Thomas,

As you can see by the responses, there is no shortage of agents willing to assist you with your search. We all start out with the same basic idea. We can conduct a search for properties that meet your needs and help you find a property that is right for you. It is feasible to find a property for under $150K, but it is the most competitive segment of the market, so it won't be easy. The best way to search is to contact a few agents, talk with them about what you are looking for. You should be able to determine by a conversation whether you are comfortable with an agent and select one to assist you with your search, as well as guiding you through the purchase process and the ups and downs that come along with it. I will be honored to get the chance to discuss this with you. Either way, I wish you the best of luck. Patience will be the key.

Adam Tarr PC
Citywide Real Estate
480-236-7374
Yes, I can see that with the overwhelming response. I'll just need to sit down with a few agents to see who I'm most comfortable with.
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Ryan Cramer, , Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
I have a fantastic realtor.
They can assit you.
My MLS app will help you find the house. it is real time MLS info.
http://hbsr.homescouting.com/myapp/f5327b9d-642f-4611-9d9e-d…

My direct number is 602-206-5592
Michael Sedi…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Jul 8, 2013

Thomas, I hope all is well. I wanted to forward my lender contact information regarding the home lending part of your transaction .

Let me know how I can help!

City North/ Desert Ridge Location
Timothy Potempa
Sr. Loan Officer
Office/Cell: 623.570.0781
Fax: 602.464.7396
NMLS:454708

5450 E. High Street Suite 260
Phoenix, AZ 85054

http://www.novahomeloans.com/timothy.potempa
Rebecca Kall…, Agent, San Tan Valley, AZ
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Hey Thomas, how are you doing today?

I went ahead and did a search on the MLS for homes in that price range in Chandler and Gilbert. The results did show 50 active listings. I'm not sure if all of those homes meet further criteria that you have, but that is just an estimate of what your options might be.

In your price range, in the San Tan Valley area you would probably be able to get more bang for your buck, if that i something that you would be interested in. San Tan Valley is only about 20 minutes from Chandler/Gilbert areas. If this is something that you wouldn't be interested in, I totally understand.

I have been working in the real estate business for 8 years now, and it's definitely my calling. Usually, I can get a buyer into their dream home within 30 days, and I would love to have the pleasure to do the same for you!

I would love to send you over an e-mail with some listings that might interest you, and hopefully start showing you these homes within the next week!

If you have any questions or want any more information on any of the homes that are listed in Chandler, Gilbert, or Phoenix, please don't hesitate to give me a call at 480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to working with you in the near future!
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Its getting tougher to find homes in this price point after last years 25%-30% market correction. It is however still possible and with the right agent who specializes in these areas you should be in good shape. Good luck with your search!
Web Reference:  http://thespaldingteam.com
Korene L. Cl…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Glendale, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Thomas, I have helped 7+ buyers in that area of the valley in that price range in the last few months. Feasible YES. You have to determine what is the most important things about your home then find the realtor you want to represent you.

I highly recommend any of these three realtors to you depending on whether you want to a man or a woman.

Jamie Namock with HomeSmart 602-740-0747 jnamock@gmail.com
Jennifer Williams with ReMax 480-318-9029 Jennifer.wiiliams410@gmail.com
Amy Gilner with Keller Williams 480-335-5479 amy@amygilnerteam.com

I would be pleased to assist you as a Mortgage Banker in metro Phoenix, AZ. I lend in both Arizona and California where I will be pleased to help you. If you or someone you know is looking for financing options, please feel free to contact me or pass along my information. 623-340-0934 Korene Clopine-Seaman NMLS # 218520 KLCSLoanTeam.com We are Direct Lenders, WE CLOSE LOANS!
Edie Womack, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hello Thomas,
It is feasible to purchase a single family home in your price range. Please refer to

http://www.todaysremarket.com/Property_Search/page_2544347.html

There you can enter your criteria and you will see the homes that are available. If I can be of service please call me @ 620-620-2936

Edie Womack, CDPE, GRI, SFR
HomeSmart
20860 N. Tatum Blvd. #140
Phoenix, Az 85050
Fax: 480-553-8633
edie@todaysremarket.com
http://www.todaysremarket.com
Al Rivera, Agent, Tempe, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Thomas,

I am a full time Realtor with over 12-years of experience in the east valley. Although the market is difficult for owner occupant buyers, it can be done. On Friday I closed a transaction in Ahwatukee for someone exactly in your position.

I enjoy want do on behalf of my clients and would welcome an opportunity to discuss your goals, with no obligations. I can be reached directly at the number below.

Al Rivera
Prudential Arizona Properties Tempe
602-750-7141
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Dear Thomas:

The homes less than $150K are what everyone wants right now. Are townhouses ok? I can refine this for you later to your specifications and commute distances.

Also see the free MLS search where you can sort by price and area on your own: http://link.flexmls.com/ua7p0bh3xot,12

Also ask me about the free 5% grant for homes purchased in Maricopa County with an FHA loan (6% for Veterans).

Call with questions.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
Unfortunately, I'm looking at only single family homes. Thank you for the information and link. I just need to talk to a few agents.
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Brian Rocca, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Thomas,

What you are looking for is feasible, but it wont be easy. There is a lack of inventory especially below $125k in the Valley. You will be competing with investors using cash to purchase homes which also makes it difficult. First step is choose an agent you like and want to work with. They will set you up on a search to view homes that meet your search criteria. As soon as you receive a property you like, you must make an appointment with your agent and view immediately as that is the key in this market. Feel free to contact me with any questions or visit my site to view properties as well.

Web Reference:  http://www.brianrocca.com
Aaron Cerico…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Thomas, it sounds like you might need to up your price to around 200 to 250k. I'm only suggesting this to maximize your searches and be able to see what's really out there. If you would to search for all current homes for sale or for rent please send a text to 71441 keyword "AZRE" I look forward to working with you.
I figured as much that the inventory's majority would be in the 200K - 250K right now. I lack the ability to up my price at this point in time.
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Sean Heideman, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Mr. Young,

We give you “DIRECT” access to the Arizona Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to search like a licensed real estate agent. All real estate sale professionals have to pay hundreds of dollars for access to the MLS but we are offering it to you for “FREE”.

When you work with my company we are a team in the home buying process. We give you direct access to the MLS and we actively search and email you properties you might like based on your specific search criteria. This make the home buying process much easier and an enjoyable process.

Please give me a call to discuss your specific property search criteria. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sean Heideman, Broker
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Fax: 866-232-2256
Web: http://www.PositionRealty.com
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Are you looking for a single family home or a town home? What other features are important to you for your new home--# bedrooms, garage, single story, etc. I am a very experienced buyer's agent and have extensive recommendations from my client on my Trulia.com profile that you can see by clicking on my photo. I have worked with many buyers and would be happy to help you.
Neesha Wolfe, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
I know those areas quite well. I think it's a very realistic price range as long as your open to a variety of locations within those cities. Also, knowing your must haves will give me a better idea :)I would be happy to discuss your needs further! My name is Neesha Wolfe and I am with HomeSmart. My number is (602)733-3223. I have a flexible schedule and I don't take on a lot of clients at one time to ensure that the ones I am working are well attended to. Thanks!
Reginald Opa…, , Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
I have a good realtor that can lead you in the directions. Let me know if you would like their information.
Mark & Terri…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Thomas,
We are happy to help you find a place, however it may be difficult to find a single family home in that price range, depending on size, age, condition,etc. Please let me know your specifics and I can do a search for you and email you properties matching your criteria right away.
My direct email is terri@markandterri.com
Victor Gust…, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Jun 4, 2013
I specialize in working with first time buyer and would be happy to assist. please give me a call at 480-586-4376.
Victor Gustafson
Home Smart
Victor Gust…, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Happy to assist you with your home search. I specialize in working with first time home buyers. Please give me a call
Victor Gustafson
Home Smart
480-586-4376
vgustafson@hsmove.com
Bev West, Agent, Greeley, CO
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Hi Thomas,
Your best source to answer that question would be to contact a local Realtor in those areas. If you need a recommendation, I can provide one for you. Also check out my website at http://www.westrealtynoco.com and you have the opportunity to check out different areas by submitting zip codes and it will give you access to the current listings in that area and lets you compare one area from another in reference to price, schools etc.

Wish you the best of luck and congratulations in getting to the home buying process.