First time homebuyer, found a lovely home in Cedarburg but the backyard overlooks a large corn field. Any suggestions?

Asked by newbierr, Cedarburg, WI Wed Aug 8, 2012

I have an asthmatic wife and a little one with seasonal allergies, might the pollen be a factor, anyone with a similar situation care to share how life can get when a farm is right behind? Does Cedarburg get city water or does it rely on ground water?Thanks in advance.

Answers

3
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Aug 8, 2012
It sounds like you are answering your own question:

I've been married for 35 years, and your wife had better be more important than a "lovely home"!!
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Wed Aug 8, 2012
When the farmers cultivate the corn, it can create a lot of dust in the air and this can go on for days. Once the fields are plowed under, if we get dry weather, you will also experience this when we get high winds. As far as the pollen itself, it depends on what exactly she is allergic to. I would ask their allergist to make sure.
newbierr, Home Buyer, Cedarburg, WI
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Thank you both, I think I already knew but now am certain, it wouldn't be worth it to get the home and then find out we have issues, with a heavy heart we've decided to drop it from our list, it really had everything we were looking for but this is a deal breaker, thanks much!