First time home buyers tax credit gone? Many keep asking me, my feeling is that it is.

Asked by Stephen Starke, East Aurora, NY Sat May 8, 2010

Answers

8
Ryan Walley, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Fri Oct 15, 2010
Its now October 15th and a client just asked me if the tax credit is still available....

I told him all of the benefits of homeownership, coupled with it being a buyers market and low interest rates, that far outweigh an $8k max rebate.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Sun May 9, 2010
The bribe is gone. People will have to buy now just because they actually and factually want to own a house... and PAY for it instead of being paid to buy it.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Sun May 9, 2010
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sun May 9, 2010
...gonzo!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat May 8, 2010
Don't believe it will be renewed, too much national debt--remind your buyers to keep an eye out on those interest rates, who knows when and if they will creep up and how quickly and by how much--for some, higher interest rates will mean less buying power.
Carmen Di Bi…, Agent, Nyack, NY
Sat May 8, 2010
Yes, it is done. No, it doesn't look like there will be another extentsion, nor should there be, I feel. If a buyer hasn't taken advantage of the first two, combined with low interest rates, chances are he/she won't come out for another round. People who want to/need to/are able to, will continue to purchase regardless of a tax credit.
Stephen Star…, Agent, East Aurora, NY
Sat May 8, 2010
yes, i know that it is currently expired but many keep asking if it will return ...I think we are done there
Jeri Creson, Agent, Studio City, CA
Sat May 8, 2010
It's over! At least the Federal tax credit is. One had to be in a binding contract prior to 4/30/2010. If they were in contract before that, they can still receive the credit as long as they close escrow by 6/30/2010.