First time home buyer!!

Asked by Mai_onlyluv, Appleton, WI Wed May 21, 2014

hello. my fiancé and I are looking to purchase our first home. is it better to contact a real estate agent or a lawyer who specializes in real estate? I know a real estate agent can help with us finding the right home but they are costly. what is the average cost for a real estate lawyer?

Answers

5
Ashley Pimen…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Lombard, IL
Thu Jun 5, 2014

You also need to contact a loan officer to make sure you qualify for a loan. They will take an in depth look at your income, assets, liabilities, employment and creditworthiness to make this decision. Feel free to contact me with questions or to receive a free professional assessment.

Ashley Pimentel
Mortgage Consultant
NMLS: 1036002
Market Place Mortgage
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: (630) 217-7013
apimentel@marketplacemc.com
Gerry Lambie,…, Agent, Appleton, WI
Tue Aug 5, 2014
Hello!
I am a buyers agent in the Appleton, WI market and in this area it is not necessary to have both. Our real estate liscense allows us to fill out the legal forms for the offer to purchase. But there is so much more that goes into the process before getting to writing an offer. If you want to hire a buyers agent there is no cost to you if you purchase a home that is for sale on the market with a real estate company. The seller has agreed to pay a commission for the sale of their home when it is listed. All companies work in cooperation with each other so your agent will work with the other agent with your offer. It is always best to be knowledgable of the home buying process and take it step by step to assist you in making a smooth transaction. It is always most beneficial to you to have a preapproval from a lender when it comes to negotiating a contract. A seller feels much more comfortable working with you. What an exciting time for you. I specialize in first time home buyers if there is any assistance that you need.

Gerry Lambie ABR, ASP
W.E. Smith Realty, Inc.
gerrylambie@aol.com
http://www.gerrylambierealestate.com
Mcmunnd1, Home Seller, Appleton, WI
Sun May 25, 2014
A good real estate lawyer will cost the buyer about $500 to close the sale and make sure the paper work is in your best interest. By purchasing a home directly from the buyer, you can typically save nearly the full 6% of the commission and fees charged by the realtor.
I think it depends on what you're looking for. I would look into hiring both and consider which one helps you achieve what you want most. They offer different things, so they can help you in different ways. I would contact both and see who can help you the most. Good luck and congratulations on buying your first home! http://www.executivesplus0240023.remax-stlouis.com/
Flag Thu Oct 16, 2014
Heather Wrig…, Agent, The Dalles, OR
Wed May 21, 2014
Hello~Congrats on taking the steps towards home ownership. Very exciting road you have a head of you. I would suggest getting connected with a buyers agent. A real estate agent working to represent you as the buyer in the transaction wont cost you. The fees are actually seller fees. Just make sure that the agent you hire doesn't charge an additional fee.

Good Luck
Marta James, , 01085
Wed May 21, 2014
When you are purchasing a home you are not paying real estate agent anything, they get paid by the seller. However, you will have to hire a lawyer to prepare purchase and sale agreement.