First time Buyer

Asked by bythebay, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jan 23, 2013

Looking to buy in Brooklyn. Have $150,000 down payment and $500,000 mortgage. I love Fort Green and Prospect Heights, and Kensington, but realized these places are probably out of my reach. Any suggestions for places to look?

Answers

6
Sara Wood, , Brooklyn, NY
Wed Jan 23, 2013

My name is Sara. I am an agent here in the Clinton Hill area. I several homes in the surrounding neighborhoods here in Brooklyn. If you are interested, I would like to get together with you and show you some properties that you might be interested in.

Give me a call if you are interested. I can be reached at 914-403-3294, or send me an e-mail at sara.c3@verizon.net. I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you
With finding your new home.

Thank you.
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hello;
Of course it depends on what size and how big a must have list you have, but there are properties available Co-Ops/Condos in your price range in the neighborhoods you like.
Please feel free to call me.
Yours,
Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
Smart to think of co-ops and condos! Hope you find something fantastic!
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013
Sara Wood, , Brooklyn, NY
Wed Jan 23, 2013

With finding your new home.

Thank you.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Consider working with an agent of your own; if purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Madeline Pad…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hi Bythebay
there are many nearby areas that could be of interest and as previously mentioned all it depends
on the size, condition and exactly what you will settle for. If you send me your direct email I will be
more than happy to assist in finding something that may suffice. Good luck in your search.
madelinepadovano@fillmore.com
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Dear bythebay:

Real estate agents cannot suggest areas to a buyer, it is illegal and called steering. Having said that there are plenty of neighborhoods with nice homes in that price range. You need to investigate, research and figure out what areas you will want to consider. Then look for homes in your price range in those areas. You can search for homes in that price range on this web site and many others and simply look at the homes you like.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com