First texas homes

Asked by Raja, Plano East, Plano, TX Sun Feb 21, 2010

I have squared in 2 houses which are newly built in Frisco, and well under our budget.
But, I am not sure about the builder's credibility.
Which one is more popular and better in Frisco area
First texas homes or Landon homes?

Answers

5
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Feb 21, 2010
You must be looking in the Villages At Willow Bay. The reason that First Texas Homes is able to keep their prices down is because its's owned by small a family and there are less hands in the cookie jar. They build very sturdy and nice homes with lots of upgrades below 300K. Landon Homes are very different. Yes their prices are lower and they build nice homes but you really have to upgrade everything. The model that they have has over 100K in upgrades.

I will be very happy to discuss with you how I can help you.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Sameer, Home Buyer, Plano, TX
Tue Feb 1, 2011
who did you decide to go with in the end? first texas or landon
Tamika Goree, Agent, Arlingon, TX
Mon Feb 22, 2010
What I have noticed is that buyers don't feel a need to get a home inspection since the home is brand new. I always stress the importance to my clients about getting home inspections!! I recommend, regardless of which builder you choose to build with, to definitely get a home inspection!

First Texas Homes builds a beautiful product and you definitely get more for your money! Since the company is small and family-owned, each sales counselor personally meets with the President for their weekly sales meeting and to turn in all contracts that they have for their community.

If you don't have a Realtor, I would recommend that you do get one. The Sales Counselor is working for the Seller, so they have the builder's best interests in mind. A Buyer's Agent is working for the buyer, so we have your best interests in mind and will make sure that you get the best price possible!

Please let me know if I can be on any assistance. I specialize in the sales of brand new homes in the DFW area. I would love the opportunity to assist you in purchasing your new home!

Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Make it a Blessed Day!

Tamika Turner
"Your New Home Specialist"
Cell: (972) 697-1178
Fax: (682) 222-1049
Email: Info@NewHomesInDFW.net
Website: http://www.NewHomesInDFW.net

"Providing the Keys to New Home Ownership!"
Web Reference:  http://www.NewHomesInDFW.net
Raja, Home Buyer, Plano East, Plano, TX
Mon Feb 22, 2010
I am more inclined to go with First texas homes as they are bigger in size, but I heard lots of complaints posted in ripoff.com.
Not sure, whether they are true, so was confused.
Horrible complains on ripoff reports, If I buy home from first Texas homes I will get the place inspected as suggested above and get the blue prints before closing and get all the warranties in written and read it very carefully.
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Mon Feb 22, 2010
Builders are unique. They have their own personality, floorplans, contracts, overhead, and manufacturing standard (which must at least meet building code in Frisco, but can exceed it, as well).

There are happy owners of homes built in Willow Bay by both builders. "Better" isn't something we can tell you. It depends on you and your wishes for your next home. Your criteria would likely make one builder stand out over another. The lot the house sits on may play a factor for you. The amenities inside the home, that were selected by the builder's in-house design representative, will also appeal to you in different ways from your tour of both homes. You probably have a preference right now, and are just looking for confirmation. You aren't wrong with either pick. They both fit your budget nicely, which is a good thing. If you can see yourself being happy in that home for the next 7-10 years of your life, then you cannot make a wrong choice. It's a booming neighborhood in a very popular city that has become a hub of the North Dallas suburbs. The last 20 years have been very, very good to Frisco, TX.
Pick either one and enjoy your new home.
Ronda