First off the pros on this site are great! Can someone please point me in the right direction of where to look the bywater/marigny area?

Asked by david.t.mi, New Orleans, LA Wed Feb 6, 2013

- IE Bounding streets, closer to water?, areas to avoid. Landmarks you want to be near.
Ideally looking for what the Irish channel had to offer 2 years ago... Looking for $225-$300k renovated homes. On avg $140-170/ sqft. Middle class, young professional, looking for a safe and growing neighborhood.

Answers

4
Wayne Clark, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
David, since it doesn't appear you are familiar with the neighborhoods you are interested in, I would highly recommend you find and work with an Agent if you don't have one now. And not because I am one.
Some make the mistake by going it alone and making a lot of mistakes by relying on bad information they may come across.

Oh and if you decide to hire an Agent to hlep with your search and purchase, speak to more than one agent you'll get an idea if they are looking out for your best interest or their own.

Good Luck

Wayne Clark
Broker
CCS Realty, LLC
504-304-2307
New Orleans, La
Licensed in the State of Louisiana
Lisa Heindel, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Tough price range, but it can happen. Remember that not all NOLA agents put their listings on Trulia, so don't use this site exclusively or you'll miss some viable listings.
Jim Prigmore, Agent, Kenner, LA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
For the Bywater Faubourg Marigny areas you want to look between the Mississippi River and St. Claude Ave. These neighborhoods are not growing, as they are over 200 yrs old and are what they are. There are many young professionals in this area and it is generally safe. The price range you list can work but it can be tricky.
Jim, What about bounding streets to the E/W.
Flag Wed Feb 6, 2013
Nick Galiano, Agent, Metairie, LA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Hey David,

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Contact me at your convenience at (504) 256-6311 or nickgaliano@aol.com