First Time home buyers

Asked by fhernandez2223, Lawrence, MA Sun Jun 22, 2014

I was interested in purchasing a home in my city (Lawrence Mass) but I am afraid of my credit score having an effect in that. I would really rather be paying a mortgage on something that is my own then paying rent every month and not getting what I would like out of my apartment. HELP

Answers

2
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Mon Jun 23, 2014
We have a program called credit expert. Apply for a pre-approval (no cost or obligation), we will run credit and have your credit analyzed to see what steps are needed to improve your score. You might find that your fears are unfounded and you have high enough scores to do something asap.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sun Jun 22, 2014
First step should be to contact a local lender who can sit down with you and review ALL of your financial info. Buying a home isn't just about having good credit. You'll need at least a score of 620-640, but you'll also need to provide proof of income, good debt to income ratio, savings, stable job history, etc. If your credit is a problem, then a good lender should have programs to help you with that.