First Time Home Owner Grants in York County, Pa?

Asked by Redtails22, East York, PA Wed Nov 17, 2010

My fiance and I are looking at buying our first home somewhere in York County. This will be a first time ownership for both of us since we both live with our folks and have never owned a home. Are there any grants out there available for us to use towards closing cost or downpayments, or anything in general?

We looked at homes in Maryland and they have a grant that would give us $7500 if we complete an online credit course and then the loan is forgiven in 5 years if we stay in that home.

Can anyone help us out with any information about something similar or anything available in york county?

Answers

3
Christine Shemeta’s answer
Christine Sh…, Agent, California, MD
Wed Nov 17, 2010
There are several programs you may wish to research including PHFA and USDA. I recommend you speak with a lender to determine the best program for you and the budget range for which you can be approved. I work with several lenders that I would be happy to recommend. Once a range has been established, I hope you will give me a call. I love looking at houses and helping families find just the right home. 717-855-5660.
Donna Sites, , York County, PA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Yes, there are monies available to first time home buyers to get them in a home. You have to qualify. Give me a call & can go over it with you. Talk with you soon, Donna 717-487-0652 /Southern Penn Real Estate
Susan Necham…, Agent, Red Lion, PA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Not too sure about grants but as of Oct.4th the USDA program is back. The USDA program is a zero down and no mortgage insurance program. So basically if you and the home that you are looking at would qualify it is a great program. As for seller assit - when you go to make an offer you can always ask for the seller to pay an amount or percentage of your allowable closing costs. If you have any other questions please feel free to give me a call. Thanks, Susan Nechamkin 717-600-4042
Web Reference:  http://www.SoldBySPN.com