First Time Home Buyer - 700-800K budget - Which area should I look at?

Asked by Bt, 95070 Wed Oct 3, 2007

I am a first time home buyer and I would like to get some advises on which area/district/zip code I should look at in the South Bay.
Budget: $700.000 to $800.000 max; size: 3br ; type: single family home or townhouse. Priority 1: good school district; priority 2: family/kids friendly location (3 kids in young age); priority 3: commute (work in 94087)

Answers

5
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Wed Oct 3, 2007
My suggestion would be that you contact an agent in San Jose. I can recommend Gary Cusick with ReMax in San Jose. I bought and sold through him in 1994 and 2001 respectively. He took great care of me both times and there was no question that he had my best interest in mind, which I appreciated. I did not get my real estate license until after moving away from San Jose.
Gary can be reached at (408)978-5797. His e-mail address is garycusick@comcast.net . I would like to stress that I have nothing to gain from referring you to him as I have not arranged for a referral fee agreement with him. My intent here is solely to provide you with a good person to contact. Best of luck to you.
Web Reference:  http://www.go2kw.com
Denise Stuart, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Nov 16, 2007
I am in San Jose and work the Berryessa area, we have great Schools here and family friendly it is, let me know if I could help! For your search we are in the 95132 Zip Code. The foothill side of 680.
Denise Stuart
Coldwell Banker
denise.stuart@coldwellbanker.com
Karen Selby, , 32223
Fri Oct 19, 2007
Dwight - I think the questioner is looking in San Jose, California, not Jacksonville, FL. I'll weigh in on the question, since I grew up out there, I agree with Ute that Almaden is a great area, I also like Los Gatos, but I haven't been there in awhile so I don't know the school district ratings. I believe in doing some research, then seeking out a real estate professional to help you. Good luck!
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2007
There are many options available to you, in the area. I think if you are looking for a great school in that budget evergreen silvercreek area might be an option. Also Almaden area has smaller affordable homes in with excellent schools. If your working in sunnyvale there are parts of mountain view that can be affordable. Willow glen is also a nice community, but school districts are rated as high as the others i mentioned.

I do some research online, and as a first time home buyer it is key you talk to a mortgage professional and get pre-qualified immediately. With banks starting to shy away from first time home buyers getting jumbo loans you want to make sure you know all the facts upfront.

Good Luck and if you need help feel free to contact me i can refer you to one of our wonderful agents or one of our preferred lenders.
Dwight Von S…, , 32225
Fri Oct 19, 2007
You may also want to consider the Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra areas. These areas will provide you with all of the options you have said were important to you. The drive to San Jose from the beach via JTB is usually fairly stress free and can usually be completed in about half an hour or less. If you would like to see all the listings avaliable in this area you can try the RE/MAX website remax.com
We let you search you all the listings avaliable, not just "our listings". You can use my website which links directly to the beaches areas http://www.dwightdoesitright.com
Thanks and Good Luck!