First Texas Homes in Trails Of Glenwood in Plano East

Asked by BuyingTips, Dallas, TX Sat Feb 2, 2013

Compared to the Grand Homes in the Trails Of Glenwood, the First Texas homes are cheaper and for the same square feet and the features, one can save $20,000 to 30,000. Are they cheap because they use cheap materials? When it comes to resale time, will the First Texas Homes or the Grand Homes give more value?

Answers

10
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Different quality....different designs. Different strokes for different folks. Just because it is $20,000-$30,000 less does not mean it is a better deal. Some people like Kia....some people like Mercedes....both get you from Point A to Point B, but in a different fashion. People buy both.

If we walk through the homes together I can point out some of the differences.

You can see more new homes in Frisco at this link:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/37565/m…
Sir, you make more sense than some realtors.
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Feb 2, 2013
I would suggest that you work with a realtor. She/he can help you. The person at the builder's office is only interested in protecting the builder while your agent will be protecting you.

Trails of Glenwood is a wonderful subdivision and just next to Oak Point Park and Nature. It is also convenient as it's close to 75, Spring Creek, and Jupiter. So it is appealing to quite a few people.

I'd be happy to assist you if you are not curently working with a realtor. Feel free to contact me.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
How an agent can protect a buyer? What kind of service you provide except you talk to the builder that Seller has asked to talk? An agent wont respond with the crime rate, ethnicity, school rating etc... Ain't they discrimination, so agents should not respond to the buyer? How come you protect the buyers?
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
John Hamidi, Agent, Frisco, TX
Sat Feb 2, 2013
I prefer Grand homes , they built great homes to live in and it is easy to sell

you can look or I can send you the builder rating

if you call me at 214-334-4442

John
John Safstrom, Other Pro, Allen, TX
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Make sure you have a realtor to represent you when buying new or pre-existing. A good realtor can help you compare the two builders and the pros/cons of each. Yes, they may use cheaper materials to save money here and there.

Also, get a home inspection prior to closing. You would be surprised by some of the issues that are uncovered on new construction.

John
Systematic Home Inspections
214-600-4344
Why a buyer has to spend $500 to do a home inspection when that is done by the builder already, quality checked and he gets the warranty for them also? Are you recommending a buyer if he is interested in three different new homes, he has to do home inspection of all three homes?
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Elizabeth Mo…, Agent, McKinney Tx, TX
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Research, try Googling reviews. Isn't thete an old saying somethiing like "you usually pay for what you get"
I would be happy to send you information with information links rating builders. I highly recommend you use a licensed Realtor to represent your interests.
Ratings & feedback should be researched from both customers and home experts who review builders. There are many other factors to consider when purchasing a new build, such as neighborhood, resale, area foreclosures, etc. All builders will provide a "new home".... the one that suits you depends on your particular budget and quality of construction/upgrades you are comfortable with or require. All will be built using the same building codes. Whether you purchasing a builder's pre existing home or building new, I highly recommend you ask for an option period in your contract for inspection from an independent licensed home inspector. Contractors can make mistakes.
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Where does the rating come from? From the customers? Or from the home experts who review the construction of different homes?
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
John Hamidi, Agent, Frisco, TX
Mon Feb 4, 2013
My Agency pay 1% commission back to buyers

Call me At 214-334-4442
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hello, if you are not working with a real estate agent, please contact me for a free list of things to consider when buying new construction homes.

http://mbrownstead.kwrealty.com/search/

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
1002 Raintree Cir., Ste. 100
Allen, TX 75013
E-mail: MBrownstead@msn.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Feb 3, 2013
You need have a Realtor assist in comparison determine why there is a difference.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
How do I make sure my realtor knows about the difference?
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
John Hamidi, Agent, Frisco, TX
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Have you hired and Agent ?

you do not pay for His service the seller pays the commission

what not take advantage of an expert to help you out call me for free consultation

214-334-4442
Where does the seller get money to pay the agent?
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Leslie Wilson, Agent, Allen, TX
Sun Feb 3, 2013
You can probably save an additional $20,000 by working with a realtor who will negotiate the price.

Give me a call if you'd like for me to help.

Leslie Wilson
keller Williams
214-734-7920
lesliewilson@kw.com
As per the experiences I had before as well as some of my friends when buying a new home were the builders will not negotiate. They have to pay you commission and that money have to come from somewhere. Otherwise it has to work like you give back the commission back to the buyer whom you are representing.
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013