Home Buying in Homewood>Question Details

David Fazzini, Home Buyer in 60430

Finiancing for teachers?

Asked by David Fazzini, 60430 Fri Jul 13, 2012

I was wondering if there are any down payment assistance/closing cost assistance programs for teachers buying in the Homewood IL area? I already put in an offer on a house I want, is it to late for me to look into this?

Yes, there are. As a lender at Regional Mortgage Corporation in Orland Park, we have lenders who have programs for teachers, healthcare professionals, fire and police employees just to name a few. Some of the guidelines require a 5% down payment for this special program and a 660 FICO score. FHA is also a consideration with a 3.5% down payment requirement.

While both have their advantages or drawbacks, it is important to take a look at each. If you can give me some information and send it to email: Kathy@RMCIllinois.com with the specifications of what you need, I would be happy to help you secure financing.

Kathy Schober
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Regional Mortgage Corporation
(708) 703-8899 Cell