Finding a decent realtor...

Asked by KP1987, Middleburg, FL Thu Aug 1, 2013

I have been looking for a realtor for a month or so in the Middleburg area or that is familiar with the Middleburg area and familiar with USDA loans, most that I call seem to blow me off. I do not have a pre-approval letter yet and that seems to be the problem, all that I have talked to just say to get one first them find a realtor but I know realistically most pre-approvals expire in 90 days and I don't want to spend 60 of those 90 days trying to find someone to work with. I have questions and concerns that I would like to speak with someone about before moving forward. What should I do?

Answers

11
Nena Jordan, Agent, Keystone Heights, FL
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Please call me, and I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have to the best of my ability. Thanks!
Charlie Henr…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sun Aug 18, 2013
You know, I'm beginning to see that people aren't reading what the author of the question is asking.

The author is NOT asking for ANYONE to take them out looking at houses without a PreApproval. Quite the contrary, the auther says they have "QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS" that they would like to discuss before moving forward!

Gheeesshhhh read. Just read.

KP please feel free to contact me, I'll do my best to answer your questions and help with your concerns.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Oh, and BTW USDA loans are VERY familiar in my area and I STILL would not take a buyer out without a pre approval.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Sun Aug 18, 2013
No realtor worth their salt is going to spend time, effort and money taking a buyer out unless they know the buyer can actually buy a home and know how much that buyer can afford to spend. If you really want to know what you should do, then here you go, listen to the advice you've already been given. Your pre-approval will have to be updated once you find a home anyway. Yes, they expire but it's very easy to get an updated pre approval. It is impossible to get the time effort and money you have spent working with an unqualified buyer back once it is gone. Get the pre approval.
You are so NJ attitude- I can say that, I grew up there. I am glad you posted your response so people will know NOT to use you.
Flag Mon Aug 26, 2013
Charlie Henr…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sun Aug 18, 2013
In addition to my answer below, I'm totally fine to answer whatever questions you might have. So feel free to call/contact me and I'll do my best to help you and answer your questions.
Charlie Henr…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sun Aug 18, 2013
I would offer for you to contact me directly. I'm very familiar with Middleburg AND USDA.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Your difficulty in getting an agent to work with you may be the presence of a USDA loan product. These loans are not considered comon and therefore not well understood by agents....remember real estate agents list and sell property. Banks and mortgage companies specialize in loans and therefore have the expertise in this area.

There are three points I would like to mention about USDA programs. First, there is a "luxury" clause involved with these programs that excludes certain aspects of a home that they consider beyond normal. Be sure to understand this clearly before getting too committed.

Secondly, these loans only apply for specified areas that are considered fairly rural and are intended to stimulate development of these areas. Not all areas can receive these funds. Be sure you are targeting a location in which USDA loans apply.

Finally, There are income restrictions that limit availability to those that qualify. Be sure to investigate these limits and how they apply to your situation.

Best wishes,

KP1987, Home Buyer, Middleburg, FL
Thu Aug 1, 2013
I'm not wanting to go and look for homes without a pre-approval, I simply have questions at the process and what sort of fee's I will need to pay. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that I can't get anyone to answer my questions without a pre-approval letter.
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Very few agents will be willing to help you look for a home without a pre-qualification or a pre-approval. Having one is the only way you can prove to the agent that you are capable of purchasing anything. If your letter expires past 90 days it just takes a call to the issuer to give you an updated one, so that should not be a concern that stops you from getting it.

USDA only works outside of urban areas. So you must be away from a major city to be able to us it. Also, it cannot be used on homes that have a pool (unless you pay that portion out of pocket).

Find an agent:
Go to the Green Trulia bar above and click on "Find a Pro", insert your zipcode. Look at the list of agents that appears, read about them and check their recommendations. Call one or two and see who you feel the most comfortable with. Ask your questions, ask them to recommend a USDA lender they have worked with.

Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
Blaine Rabe, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Good Day,

You have had some bad luck.

Real estate agents working Middleburg should all be familiar with USDA loans. Then they select the property based on what you would like.

Just find an agent that will spend some time with you, and is familiar with the area.

Blaine Rabe
Exit
904-874-0814
Erin Evans, Agent, Schenectady, NY
Thu Aug 1, 2013
My advice would be to obtain a pre approval letter. For most realtors it shows motivation to buy. Once you get the letter you should have no problem finding a realtor to help you find a house within 90 days. If you have questions or concerns about financing you can speak to someone at your local bank.