Home Buying in Sparta>Question Details

barsue38, Home Buyer in Martinsburg, WV

Feb I signed contract to buy a Fannie Mae forclosure house that was to close in 30 days. They did not close I extended contract 3 times

Asked by barsue38, Martinsburg, WV Fri Jun 7, 2013

FM still has not closed. The extension runs out again in 12 days. They are holding my 10% cash down payment. House is deteriorating rapidly and vines are now growing all over house weeds etc are overtaking the property, along with snakes/mice. To whom can I complain to get Fannie Mae to close and honor their contract? FM wanted to charge me so much a day if I did not close on time, I feel by now they should pay so much a day if they do not close on time or interest on the 10% down payment. I want them to close so needed repairs can be started. I am a Veteran can this help getting FM to close? Please advise. Thank you.

Answers

4
This is the website that you or your agent should be able to file a complaint
http://www.homepath.com/
http://www.homepath.com/
Hi Barsue38! Have you used an experienced short sale agent for your transaction? If so, they should have the information you need to escalate the issue to Fannie Mae using the guidelines established this past April. They will need to use HomePath to do this. If they are a certified CDPE agent, they will have the step-by-step instructions available in their resources.

Situations such as these are why it is important to have an experienced, trained agent on your side while working with distressed properties. While anyone can plant a tree, a qualified landscaper can make your garden spectacular without all the stress.

Best of luck to you. I hope it works out.
Barbara Bertone

Barbara Bertone