Family of 4 relocating is looking for homes in Parkland - Weston due to good schools, but there are huge differences in prices, why??

Asked by Pkvrsweston, Parkland, FL Tue Aug 2, 2011

I´ll be relocated with my family to the Fort Lauderdale area. Our priority is to buy a home in a very good school, family friendly and close to the office area. Parkland and Weston are top in our list but we've found that there are huge differences in price, design, and home size, making Parkland looks better. Why??

Answers

10
Meir Aloni, Agent, Plantation, FL
Sun Sep 30, 2012
Both cities are VERY good as far as services provided (and local taxes attest to it...)
You will do well buying in either one; which type of property; size (of property and land); property age, etc. will guide you, price range wise....

Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220

All Star Realty Inc.
Ele Martinez, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Mon Aug 20, 2012
I am also a Parkland agent and resident....Both cities offer a great place for your kids to grow.

A lot of good things happening here and Weston. Work with a good agent and let him or her take care of all your answers.

Ele Martinez
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
954-235-6124
Wendy Jensen, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Aug 8, 2011
Dear Parkland Enthusiast,

Parkland is one of the most beautiful, educated and wealthy cities in Florida! If you're looking for a place to raise your family, Parkland is Florida's best kept secret. Parkland with green spaces, an abundance of trees and lush landscaping is now home to about 25,000 residences. Being the most educated city in Florida with over 50% of the residence carrying a bachelor’s degree or higher has put Parkland on the map for professionals coming from all over the world. With a median home valued at $772,000. According to http://www.citydata.com and a median income of 137,000.00 you can see why Parkland is worth a look. Census reports Parkland to be young community with the majority of the population under 44 years of age. Putting the pieces together, Parkland seems to house the youngest familes with the highest education making the most money.

You will love it, I'm a Realtor in Boca and I'm selling and heading there myself!
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Wed Aug 3, 2011
Real estate is local. Every area is different. Different quality of homes and different structures and upgrades age, all these contribute to the value. Find a good Realtor who will guide you.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011

Why not also consider Boca Raton, a city renowned for it's schools. If you wyould like more information on Boca Raton please let me know.
, ,
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Hi Pkvrsweston

To answer your queston...when buying a home your are really paying for the neighborhood and just living in one of it's properties.

Matt Tarka
Licensed Mortgage Professional
Serving All of Florida
Direct: 954-605-2450
Fax: 954-343-8098
mtarka@amplending.com

Advanced Mortgage Planners, Inc
120 NE 51st Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
A+ BBB Rating
Web Reference:  http://www.amplending.com
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Dear Pkvrsweston,

Please go on my website to read about the city of Weston http://-www.susanpenn.com
People love Weston and Weston has all A schools. People love Parkland too! Meet with me and we will explore both cities.

Susan Penn, PA, EWM Realtor
954-557-5993
Stefanie Coh…, Agent, Weston, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
I specialize in Weston and the surrounding areas. I can tell you that because of the Weston location and proximity to Ft. Lauderdale and even Miami and the Beaches, it is a city that is in high demand. Add to that the excellent schools and outstanding activities and amenities, and you have the perfect Hometown location. Weston has so many wonderful neighborhoods at all different price points.

Weston offers something for everyone, but you really have to decide what you are looklng for in a community. If you find that Parkland is more what you are looking for, then choose Parkland. It is really up to you, where you would be most happy.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision!

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
Gary Hitchco…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
This year Parkland and Weston have seen a dramatic decrease in inventory and both cities actually went up in value last year according to the county property appraiser. With inventory down and homes selling in days, some sellers are now geting a little greedy and hence even more reason to work with a good agent that knows the true value of a home in this market. School is about to start so motivated sellers will have to come down in price or risk not selling. Parkland schools were just rated #1 by Forbes magazine when considering school districts and home values. You can read this article on our website at http://www.ParklandExpert.com. Good luck and if we can be of service we'd be glad to help. We've lived in Parkland for 24 years and raised two boys there!
Ed Poirier, Agent, Parkland, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
There are so many different developments within both Parkland & Weston that there are similarities to both areas. Also they seem to have the 2 most desirable school systems. As a Parkland resident I can tell you there are some good opportunities to purchase now but the inventory is lower than it has been since 2008.

Ed Poirier
Colwell Banker Residential Real Estate
954-255-0885