Fairfax Villiage in SE Washington, DC

Asked by Fungirl, Washington, DC Mon Sep 19, 2011

Are all of these units in this complex Condos? I see some for sale and some for rent. The ones for rent are these the individual owners that are renting their Condo(s) out?

Answers

7
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Hi Fungirl,

This is a condo community, and the units are individually owned.
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Hi Fungirl,

The condos are being rented by private owners. Are you interested in purchasing a condo in the area? I have shown many.
James Ryan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Leesburg, VA
Tue Sep 20, 2011
Hi Fungirl, go Skins!

Yes, the development is a condo development, any rentals are owned by individuals as condos and for rent through them.
Best wishes, and remember, with rates this low, you might find buying to be a lower payment than renting in this market!
Jim, American Bank.
Nikki Smith, , District of Columbia
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Funny you should ask this question today. DC Urban Turf just ran a profile on Fairfax Village today. It's a pretty extensive piece you may want to check out. The community converted from rentals to condos back in 1976 and apparently 1-bedroom units start in the low $100,000.

(I'm not affiliated with DCUT. I'm just a fan. I am, however, marketing director for Federal Title & Escrow Company up in Friendship Heights.)
Leon Peace, , District of Columbia
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Are you looking to rent or buy?
Amy Fisher, Agent, Washington, DC
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Fairfax Village was originally a rental held by the same family from the time of it's development until it's conversion to condo in the mid-late 1970's. The units in the apartment style buildings run small 600-800 square feet and 1 or 2 bedrooms. There are also townhouse style units ranging from 1 br to 2 br +loft. Given the year they were converted many units are very dated think yellow and green appliances and butcher block counters) while others have been re-renovated. Several units were retained by the owners and expanded into considerably more elaborate configurations. One lower unit had a hot tub. The units being rented are individually owned.
Tony McMahon, Agent, WHITE PLAINS, MD
Mon Sep 19, 2011
It appears you are correct Fungirl.