FSBO buyer and seller seek guide to forms ONLY

Asked by trulia, Napa, CA Wed May 29, 2013

We have a meeting of the minds between a buyer and seller. Just need a guide to help us do the paperwork needed for both and the lender. Where can we find a broker to do this or who is the right person to do this?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed May 29, 2013
Use a lawyer. Maybe all it'll take is a settlement attorney. But don't rely on form--whether you find them online or in a local office supply place.

A Realtor might also be willing to do it for a reduced commission. If so, fine. But my first suggestion stands: A real estate lawyer.
0 votes
You are correct in your area...I have sold homes there and a attorney did it all...escrow, docs and closed the deals, here in CA...everyone wants a HUGE piece of the pie( we had one person as for 4% which in a 640k transaction is way too much to pay for paperwork). We are now on the hunt for a "guide person" to help us just do that...the paperwork!
Flag Wed May 29, 2013
, ,
Fri Jun 7, 2013
I have been a License Real estate broker, since 1995 and licnesed agent since 1990. I do mortgages only now but If i do the mortgage I will help you do the paperwork.

My phone number is 949-930-1210
0 votes
allen sovey, Agent, Napa, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
I am a local ( Napa ) agent/realtor for many years . I would be glad to assist. Regards Al Sovey 707-337-0896 rozandal@pacbell.net
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
Has anyone noticed that this is not a potential client asking?
0 votes
Charles Laug…, Agent, Napa, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
A lawyer specializing in real estate or a real estate broker serving the Napa area could provide the service needed by the buyer and seller of a FSBO... and the correct forms are important but perhaps more important are the statutory requirements.... which protect both parties... and prevent problems for both parties during and after the transaction.

Please contact me if you need clarification or further information.

Charlie Laughlin
Wine Country Group Realtors
1130 Main Street
Napa, Ca 94559
Ca: Real Estate Broker License 01730779
(707) 260-4734
0 votes
Judy Naimo, Agent, Napa, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
I can help you with that. Just send me an email.
0 votes
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
I agree, use an attorney as it will be cheaper if it goes well, except one attorney can't represent both sides and with two attorneys it could get expensive. I have been approached with similar offers before, and I don't do it for one reason. Despite the so-called meeting of the minds it invariably ends up being just as much work as a regular sale save two open houses.

best of luck
0 votes
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
I agree - use a lawyer or local Real Estate Broker. It's about way more than the forms. You may have a meeting of the minds at the outset...but you never know what can happen...issues over repairs or anything else may emerge.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Napa Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more