Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Fungirl, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

FIRST HOME BUYERS PROGRAM

Asked by Fungirl, Washington, DC Tue Dec 4, 2012

GOOD AFTERNOON
Does anyone know if their are any first time home buyers programs available for Washington, DC residens. Can you purchase a home with no money down

Answers

8
Sande36’s answer
Have you tried MANNA, NACA, URBAN LEAGUE? iF YOU BELONG TO A UNION YOU ALSO CAN GET ASSISTANCE THROUGH THEM ALSO. iN ADDITION, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE HOME BUYERS TAX CREDIT. CHECK THESE OUT IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE IN THE DISTRICT.
There are three primary ones. The Greater Washington Urban Leagues Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP) is the most widely used. There are a few others, but HPAP, and its cousin programs of EHAP and NEHAP are the only ones with residence requirements. Purchasing with no money down is tied to your qualifications as a buyer and the property you choose. Most first time homebuyers get FHA loans and they require 3.5% down. HPAP and a select few other programs can be used toward that downpayment requirement but you have to work with an experienced agent and lender to be sure you know which rules apply up front. Give me a call and we can talk through them all.
There are some fabulous ones available right now in DC that offer up to 20k in closing cost. Inbox me for additional information.

P.S. You do have to work with a lender that has been approved by the program.
You can contact the Greater Washington Urban League located on 14th street NW, Washinton DC and they can lead you to the local Home Buyer program for your area. Please google NACCA (great hombuyers program).
Depending on your income, there are some lenders that can do 100% financing or as little as 3% down.
Hey Fungirl,

There are few programs out there for first time home buyers. One of the lenders that I work with is offering up to a $5,000 down payment assistance.

DC government is offering a program called Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP). A component of the program helps people with downpayment assistance and one component helps first time home buyers with rehabbing a home.

Give me a call at 202-670-6677 when you a chance. I'll get you headed in the right direction!

Ericka
Hi Fungirl. There is a HPAP program available.
Hey, Fungirl. There are several programs through the city and many lenders including the HPAP Program and City Lift. If you'd like information, email me at troy@brandongreen.com