Extremely overpriced, water stinks in that area, polluted water, no beach...

Asked by kodiebear721, Sturgeon Bay, WI Sat Mar 30, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3109266504-316-N-Joliet-Ave-S…

Answers

4
Scott Bader, Agent, Fish Creek, WI
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Waterfront in Sturgeon Bay/Door County is always priced higher. I boat and kayak in that area and can personally attest that the water does not stink nor is it polluted. It has a pier and you can swim or fish off that. Sand beach is just down the road. As far as it being over priced what are you basing that on? Have you seen it? You can always make an offer! Here is a link to the MLS sheet http://www.navicamls.net/displays/?n=374&i=606202&k=…
salmonsonm, Home Owner, Sturgeon Bay, WI
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Door Co is gorgeous. I've been travelling there for over 20 years and can reassure you the beaches are beautiful, the water safe, and there is no smell. Any of the four seasons are a terrific time to visit, and beauty abounds. Folks complaining (mistakenly) must not have been in Egg Harbor, Door Co, because the area is delightful, like no other place in the Midwest. But keep saying those things...I get you! You want to keep people away and 'Door' a secret! My only regret about vacationing there is not buying a piece of property from the start.
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Sat Mar 30, 2013
Sounds like a BUY, BUY, BUY!!!! Finding a gem in the rough takes time, everything above sounds like POTENTIAL!!!!
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat Mar 30, 2013
And your question is.....?

Obviously, the appeal is that it's right on the water. The listing says it needs TLC. And clearly, from the photos, it does.

With large ships using that water, I doubt that swimming is the big attraction. If you're correct that the water stinks in that area, that's a problem, but one that potential buyers (and their agents) should be able to detect.

Different people like different things. And for those who want to be on the water, that property could be attractive.