Explore the option to buy/trade up a home in San Ramon, Dublin, or Pleasanton before the start of the next school year (fall 2013). Budget low $800k

Asked by AC, San Ramon, CA Thu Oct 18, 2012

Searching to buy/trade up a home in San Ramon, Dublin, or Pleasanton before the start of the next school year (fall 2013). Primary reason for move is school for our two kids (5 & 10). Both our kids attend private school and want to move into a public school with strong academics with a balance. The private school they attend are very heavy on homework and tests and no time for family time. Looking for areas that offers close proximity to schools for all levels (elem, mid, high). Any recommendations on area? Our budget is low $800k. In San Ramon, we like Windermere area but property taxes are too high. Like Gale Ranch but not a lot availble. Not familiar with other areas in San Ramon. In Dublin there is only one high school. Not too familiar with Pleasanton but sounds like a great place to live. Any suggestions and recommendation greatly appreciated. School is our top priority.

Answers

2
l.sanramon@yahoo.com’s answer
l.sanramon@y…, Home Buyer, San Ramon, CA
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Since not many responses, I would like to chip in my 2 cents here.

Windemere and Gale ranch both have really excellent schools. You cannot go wrong with either. As far as I can tell taxes should not be a concern. You either pay HOA dues (AND live closer to huge power lines - gale ranch) or pay mellos roos (windemere). Take your pick.
Listing Spec…, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Hi AC,

Since schools are your top priority you certainly have a lot of choices for all 3 cities you're targeting. Im not sure if you wanted to be walking distance to schools or just a short drive because that will determine the areas and neighborhoods I can recommend.

In addition, there are some fantastic sites which identify schools by api scores and ratings. My website has a schools link: http://www.ehomesurf.com and also try: http://www.greatschools.net.

Also, if you visit my website, I have identified neighborhoods in detail by city. This will hopefully give you an idea of the types of homes you can consider when house shopping.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Mona