Lndlrd, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

Eviction - Chicago, IL

Asked by Lndlrd, Chicago, IL Fri Sep 28, 2012

I'm looking for an attorney who can process an eviction in Chicago, IL. I have a tenant who has decided not to pay rent anymore. Does anyone know the steps or timeline involved for evicting someone? Additionally, what is the typical cost? Any websites and or attorney recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Answers

6
Erik Miles 312-854-8092
Miles@LawFirmMiles.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Careful, produce the late notice quickly, and hire an experienced eviction attorney immediately.
Hopefully the tenants will realize that being evicted once will make it very difficult for them to rent
in the future....

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
I would happy to help you. I have represented both tenants and landlords in evictions. If you follow the proper procedures, it will take 2-3 months from the day you serve the 5 day notice of failure to pay rent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
The key to reducing losses is to get the late notice in their hands the day they are late. Takes about two months I have found. Make sure you have an attorney that has done city if Chicago before. Not the same rules as cook co. It is shame. People dissapoint us sometimes. I would get advice from an attorney and try the notice. I have had people just leave on their own to avoid eviction once they knew you meant business. With the eviction and or court filing they will have a very hard time renting again. Good luck.
I use Marvin Husby 773/447-3480. Marv is a very straight shooter and will give you realistic timelines and expectations on the eviction process. If you want a non-legal sounding board from a landlord that has been through my share eviction battles give me a call - 773/368-5515.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty and Development
Cell 773/368-5515
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
Good start.. you must have an attorney ..it's sort of complicated.. try dean@fogartyandfugate.com