Home Buying in Queen Creek>Question Details

Rebecca Kall…, Real Estate Pro in San Tan Valley, AZ

East Valley agents...What are you doing to keep your buyers happy when we keep writing contracts and not getting them accepted?

Asked by Rebecca Kallhoff Team, San Tan Valley, AZ Thu Mar 22, 2012

Just curious what we are all doing in this CRAZY Market!

Answers

5
It's fun selling homes in NJ, too, and yes, things have picked up here, in the NYC area, as well!

Buyers who have lost out on a house learn that they have to bid aggressively on the next one.

It's a happy time for those lucky sellers..........not so much for the buyers, and I feel for them.

But.........isn't nice just to be having this kind of conversation again??
Debbie, It is nice to be able to have this conversations that we are busy!! I love that our sellers are not feeling like they are loosing out anymore. The buyers are very frustrated, but it makes my job exciting to have fun of trying to figure out creative ways to out bid the other buyers, but not get my buyers to pay way too much!! Thanks for you input and glad it is picking up all over!!
Flag Fri May 4, 2012
Thanks for every ones input! It is crazy the way this market has changed in the last 4 months! I love when we get an accepted contract! Keeps us working hard! Have fun selling homes in AZ!
This is the "let's give it a try" syndrome, right? You can afford $400,000 and this house is 'way better than any you've seen yet and it's listed at $375,000. So why not give it a try? And it sells for $425,000 or more.

I think we just have to remind them that it was a $425,000 house, and we have to keep looking at houses that are $400,000 and under.

We are seeing that all the time here in the last 2-3 months! IT is crazy.
Flag Fri May 4, 2012
Not sure we are there just to make Buyer's happy.
I think you can tell them the truth and if they are losing out on offers they may need to change their approach..
If you worked 2005-2006 you remember the multiple offer game and for the most part our clients won the bid by offering more than asking or giving higher amounts as earnest or cashing out CD's for Cash offers.
It is harder for Agents that haven't been "Selling" but only "Showing".
Markets move and if you are a seller or a buyer you need to adjust discordantly.
Best of Luck to my Southern Neighbors,
Brad
Tell them to keep trying. Yes it is frustrating now with cash buyers winning out. The Wall Street Journal article last week indicating that the Phoenix metro is the strongest market in the western US over the past quarter. Price increases and investors buying again confirms this. Tell them to keep trying because prices are on the way up and interest rates are low.