marissanicol…, Home Buyer in 30114

Down Payment and Advice

Asked by marissanicole1989, 30114 Mon Jan 27, 2014

Hello there. My fiance and I have been preapproved and would like to start the homebuying process but we would like to end up using our upcoming tax return for the down payment. Mine was just accepted by the government today and his will likely be accepted in the coming days. Returns will likely be sent out in the end of February. We were wondering if this would be alright? We have money in savings but would rather save it for furniture plus it came from a source that means it needs to be seasoned and we would like to start the process in this coming month. Also, if anyone works in this area and is familiar with homes in Canton, Woodstock, or Kennesaw and would like to help us out please let us know! We are looking for realtors and brokers if you have any recs. Thank you!

Answers

8
Evening Marissa,

Congratulations on your engagement and pending home purchase! This very exciting time in your life! You've gotten some great answers from my peers. I would just like the opportunity to be included amongst the list of agents you interview when deciding whom to pick. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams out of the Woodstock office and I live in Canton so I am intimately familiar with Cherokee County. I have a great buyer's package that I like to give for my home buyers that I think you'll find helpful. Also, I've included the link to my mobile/tablet app to help you in your search. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business. Have a great evening!

Here is the link: http://app.kw.com/KW2B8PMMV

​
Danielle Peña, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty® Partners
220 Heritage Walk, Suite 101
Woodstock, GA. 30188
Office: 678-494-0644
danielle@DanielleSellsDreams.com
http://www.DanielleSellsDreams.com

"Helping Fulfill the American Dream...One Home at a Time."
Hello. Congratulations on your pre-approval l though I would recommend caution on the financial front if this question has not already been answered by your current lender and you are resorting to asking on a forum...though the advice here is pretty good!

If you are still interviewing agents I would be happy to sit down and provide a buyers consultation to introduce myself and provide information on the home buying process, buyers representation, and the benefits a buyers agent/client relationship provides.

I work and play in Cherokee County and my clients are happy clients (see my profile). I believe searching for the perfect home should be enjoyable and never rushed. If you want to send me your email I can provide you some buyer information documents and consumer videos you will find useful no matter whom you choose.

Cheers and Happy Hunting!

Bruce - 770-490-2391 - Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices GA Properties
bruce.guyer@BHHSgeorgia.com
Yes you can use your income tax refund checks. The return will show the amount and the source of the funds. I live in Cherokee and work with many first time homebuyers. Fidellty offers many great loan program including two down payment assistance programs, if necesssary

Sally W.Hamby
Senior Mortgage Banker
Fidelity Bank Mortgage
sally.hamby@lionbank.com
404 644 7696
Hi, Marissa. I would be happy to help you in your home search. I work in the Cherokee and Cobb communities. I also have a mobile app that will help you tremendously in your search for a home. Please feel free to call me with any questions and to get that mobile app. Let's get started!

Matt Moseley
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
678 410 3568
Yes we basically would like to do the preapproval process over again with a different lender and Realtor. We are not happy with our current ones and things have changed so we need to probably start over.
Hi there, first off congratulations on getting pre-qualified. That is always a plus when it comes to working with an agent. I am currently located in Marietta off of Dallas Hwy roughly 15 minutes away from Kennesaw/Barrett parkway. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss in further detail your home search. Even if I am not able to assist you personally I would be more than willing to connect you with a professional agent in this area who can. You can contact me via the "Contact Me" button located on my Trulia profile. Look forward to hearing from you and make it a great day.
Hi Marissa,
You have most likely been Pre-Qualified for a mortgage rather than truly Pre-Approved for one. The Loan Officer should have reviewed your bank statements prior to giving you a Pre-Qualification to ensure all deposits are from an acceptable source.

You cannot offset one unallowed deposit with another. Any unacceptable deposit amount must be subtracted from the available balance of the account.

When obtaining a mortgages, answers to questions such as these should ONLY come from YOUR Loan Offficer and no one else. No one else knows all of the details of your exact situation to be able to give you accurate advice.

If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
I live in Woodstock and am very familiar with the surrounding areas. There are many wonderful homes in the area that I'd be happy to show you. Feel free to give me a call to schedule am appointment.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Harry Norman Realtors
678-799-4663
Http://www.fred.yancy.harrynorman.com