Deb Lowe, Renter in Sacramento, CA

Does the agents commission come for the home sale? Do I need an agent, or can purchase a mobile home thru the listing agent?

Asked by Deb Lowe, Sacramento, CA Sun Oct 20, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


As with the sale of general real estate, like single family homes or condos, commissions are typically paid by the seller as part of their listing agreement with a licensed realtor. And as is true of other types of housing, you can work with the listing agent. They are then representing both of you and get the full commission, which is nice for them. However, if you need to negotiate any items, it's better to have someone on your side negotiating only on your behalf and let the listing agent represent the seller. Commissions are split then between the listing and buyer's agent but you both have your own representation.

Nice dog photos, by the way, Deb. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
In most cases, the owner pays the broker a fee for listing, marketing, and closing on the home; and the fee is split with the agent representing the buyer.
Since the listing agent is representing the owner, you might want to consider hiring your own agent to represent you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
If it's in a rent/lease park/community you would be better off working with a Manufactured Home Dealer as they understand all the nuances about rent/lease communities. Many RE brokers don't typically work with MH's unless they're in a resident owned community or on a private lot/parcel.

Sometimes, however, you may be fortunate enough to deal with a RE broker who also has a MH Dealers license like us. However, we do not service the Sacramento area but I'm sure you could Google one up.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer