Does the Veterans Loan program work with poor credit? and what would be a suitable credit score for a home loan with that program?

Asked by Mr.heath.b, Kent County, MI Mon May 23, 2011

My wife and i are sick of paying 600-700 dollars for rent on a place that is under 900 sqft. we want to find a place to call our home.

Answers

5
Karl Roelofs, , Grand Rapids, MI
Fri May 27, 2011
I know of a company that could help you. Please email me at kroelofs@grar.com or call me at 616 308 2631.

Karl
Jason Nolan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Pontiac, MI
Tue May 24, 2011
Jim is your guy, here. While VA and FHA do not have specific credit score requirements, most lenders that offer these programs have their own "overlays" that place additional restrictions. Generally speaking you are going to need to be over a 600 middle score, with no recent delinquency to go VA.
Jim McDonald…, , Grand Rapids, MI
Tue May 24, 2011
I agree with Shane, the lenders we use require a score of 640 for a VA loan, I used to be able to get that deal done with a score of 580 but I think those days are gone. Good luck.
Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Mon May 23, 2011
Most lenders are looking for 600-640 scores for VA loans, some can go down to 580 or even down to 500, however the rates suffer quite a bit when you get to those lower scores.

What is your credit like? Do you know what your scores are?
Dave V'Dovick, Agent, Hudsonville, MI
Mon May 23, 2011
Give Dave a call at 616-866-5974 and he can advise you. He is licensed in the state of Michigan for title insurance and has previous loan officer experience so he can help you if you have poor credit or point you in the right direction
Web Reference:  http://www.vdovickgroup.com