Does the Recently Sold list on Trulia include refinances - Some of the Recently sold values are very very low comapred to other homes - I'm?

Asked by Sea, 43082 Sat Feb 13, 2010

trying to determine where the recentl sold list comes from

Answers

5
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Feb 13, 2010
If you are in need of accurate recently sold similar properties in any immediate area contact any realty office(s)--most agents do provide comps as a free service--keep in mind some of the internet information depending on the feed source--is not always accurate.
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Sat Feb 13, 2010
Sea, Data bases like Trulia may or may not be an accurate assement of value or a true reflection of the market in any particular area. There was an article about this in the Columbus Dispatch a few weeks ago. You need to talk to somebody who can actually search for sold data for you AND knows how to interpret that data. Computer generated lists aren't enough. You need somebody who knows that area of Delaware County/Westerville and can put the data into perspective.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions. I am very familar with that area.
Fred Glick, Agent, Mountain View, CA
Sat Feb 13, 2010
The better way is to call a licensed appraiser. it's worth it to pay them for a quick value.

Also, you can talk to a professional real estate person. This is what they do for a living.
Web Reference:  http://flavors.me/fredglick
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat Feb 13, 2010
As Paul says, usually refinances aren't counted as "recently sold." The reason is that there's no transfer of ownership. A sale is a transfer of ownership--a new deed. That doesn't change with a refinance.

Recently sold properties should come from sales--conventional sales, foreclosures, short sales, and so on. Also, some of the sales may not be "arms length." That is, they might involve a sale from a parent to a child at a below-market price.

Paul George, Agent, Columbus, OH
Sat Feb 13, 2010
Generally, refinances are not part of the values used, the market has just reflected the difficulities we are going through. Many of the values, sales, might not be arms length transactions, bank forclosures, sheriffs sales etc. Appraisers do put some small weight on those but not much. The best list is from a Realtor who has the multiple listings at heir disposal. You can e mail me or stop in my office (I am in the Westerville Meijer Store)