Does "limited to two occupants" include children?

Asked by sara w, Newmarket, NH Wed Apr 17, 2013

I'm married and we would eventually like a child (which is why we are looking to purchase a 2 bedroom home instead of 1 bedroom home).

If they do include children and I became pregnant after purchasing the home, what could the Home Owner's Association do?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3113420812-Mobile-Manufacture…

Answers

2
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Apr 17, 2013
This occurs more in MOBILE HOME PARKS than in HOA;s. A home owners association in NH is more often found in condominiums or PUDs (planned unit developments) . Mobile Home parks have leased or renting lots which have rules which in alot of cases do include a maximum number of occupants. If its says 2, it means 2 no matter the age. They can evict you if you break it. You have plan on being 3, find a place that allows 3 rather than risk getting evicted or facing a legal challenge
Tracey Langd…, Agent, Stratham, NH
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Hi Sara

If the rules say only 2 occupants and you intend on having more than that while you are in that association, the association can make you leave especially if you do not have prior approval.

If you would like some help in finding a home I would be more than happy to help.

Tracey Guy
603-793-2770