Does anyone want move back to the New Orleans' area but aren't sure if they should?

Asked by Lara Schultz, New Orleans, LA Wed Feb 20, 2008

Answers

1
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Thu Feb 21, 2008
Well...I moved back 1 week after the storm...and took a year to move back into my flooded, looted, looted again house...but now it is a new world.
-- The number one reason I like the new New Orleans is less crime
-- Then, alot of young professionals coming in with education and money..a refreshing change of atmosphere. These folks are coming in droves working in every sector.
-- Old tired buildings are been given a facelift making complete paradym shifts in neighbourhoods from people hanging on street corners, to families growing flowers in the yard and keeping their streets clean
People moving in are demanding much better amenities than before...Central air, ceramic floors and granite countertops becoming the norm...replacing formica and window units.

The changing world continues...with festivals attracting more and increasingly bigger acts for events such as Jazz Fest coming up in May/June.

Moving back? At the end of the day, there is no where like New Orleans....where I sit eating a shrimp poboy and boiled crawfish and we philosophize about, "Is their boiled crawfish in heaven? ...and can you get a shrimp and oyster poboy dressed in heaven? What about a snowball?" Well...if one knows what these things are, you know why you live in New Orleans...and hope to live here forever.
Web Reference:  http://iansellsnola.com