Does anyone know who is currently buying units in Century Village Boca? (More investors or more owner occupants? More Boomers or more older seniors?)

Asked by Thanks In Advance!, Boca Raton, FL Fri Jan 18, 2013

Answers

8
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Because there are no lease restrictions in the Boca Raton condos in Century Village, you will find that investors are purchasing many of them. Our northern neighbors in Canada, who right now find US real estate to be a bargain compared with their own costs, are buying these condos in bulk. They fix them up and rent them to fellow Canadians at prices that cover costs and yield a profit.

However, you will also find a large number of purchasers of these condos in Boca Raton are owner occupants, who perceive these units as extremely reasonably priced units to use as a second home or a retirement home in Boca Raton.

As condo and home prices in Boca Raton continue to rise, places like Century Village in Boca Raton, whose grounds and large clubhouse are well maintained, are becoming more and more attractive.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
DSchwartz561, Home Buyer, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Great community; however, at this address we have heard there is drugs dealings of prescription narcotics, also smoking drugs on their back patio. I am in fear since I am new to this community and hearing there is a great Jewish Community here in West Boca, but sadly, to say, we must look else where... After hearing this, I am posting this on a blog in this community. This is the address and you can see for yourself. 7801 cloverfield cir. Boca raton. 33433
I was searching on Trulia and this is what I found out. I am interested in a home 7812 Cloverfield Cir, Boca Raton FL 33433. Nevertheless, no Thank you!!! In addition, the Goldstein’s, they are Jewish. I am saddened for them…
Thanks In Ad…, , Boca Raton, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2013
This is very helpful getting everyone's opinions and observations--thanks very much to all of you for taking the time to answer.
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Thanks,

In my opinion, it must be end-users, because buying units in Century Village are not great investments. HOA fees are high, the entire community is OLD and looks beat up, rents are low. At the right price, it's a good place for retirees that use it for themselves and their families.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton-Miami Beach, FL
Audrey Viola, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
From personal observation in Deerfield Beach , I see more older seniors .The monthly maintenance fee and recreation lease fee are different in different buildings , but roughly about $400 a month . They list rentals up to $1800 , but actually most are rented between $600 and $900 a month, a very few , mostly two bedroom units are a bit higher . A whole lot of these buildings are now changing to " no rental allowed " , so it buying as an investment is iffy at best . If you bougfht one years ago and are already leasing it to someone , the rent covers your fees and maybe just a bit of profit . Who knows ..they may appreciate in the future , on the other hand the buildings are getting older , and will need work eventually .Also , there are too many in there for sale or rent at any given time . It only makes sense to buy one to live in and let your heirs worry about selling eventually :))
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Mostly owner occupied I would suggest.
Steven Weint…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
I would say owner occupied, especially if there is a waiting period for new owners to lease. Is you are interested in looking please contact me.

Steve Weintraub
Lang Realty
561-350-8696
Rosalie, Agent, Delray Beach, FL
Sat Jan 19, 2013
I think it all depends on the price of the units. But betting more homeowners are buying to reside. My company owns boca,Deerfield beach,pembrooke pines century village. If you have more questions or concers please feel free to contact me.
Rosalie Klein
Signiture international real estate LLC
562-504-8282
http://www.signitureflorida.com