Does anyone know what residential sewage charges are in Roseville CA & does landord usually pay for sewage.?

Asked by Hilary, 95678 Thu Jul 3, 2008

We are hoping to purchase a condo and trying to figure expenses as a Landlord

Answers

3
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Hello Hilary. Sewer charges are usually collected with the property taxes as a special assessment and you as the landlord would normally pay for the property taxes and would not charge the tenant a separate sewer charge. The public water and gas & electric, on the other hand are a different story as those depend on actual consumption. You can always call Placer County and get property specific information. Be prepared to provide them with the parcel number for the property about which you are calling. You may also want to ask whether any increases are being in the works as I heard that Placer County will have to upgrade their sewage plans, but I don't know which areas are affected by this. Below is the link to the Placer County website. I hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.placer.ca.gov/
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Fri Jul 4, 2008
Residents of Roseville receive a combination bill that includes Electric, Water, Wastewater (aka sewerage)
and Solid Waste Removal. On my bill, The Residential Flat Rate for Wastewater is $26.85 per month.
The charge for Solid Waste removal (90 Gallon Can, weekly pick-up ) is $21.40 per month
The first 500 kilowatts is charged at 8.4 cents (it will go up) over 500 Kwh you pay 12 cents per kwh.
My first drop of water costs $13.90 per month, the 1st 1200 gallons of water costs three / tenths of a cent per gallon. over that it doubles to six / tenths of a cent per gallon.

Property taxes are collected separately. Unless the condo owner is a bank, the previous owner should have old utility bills or you can call the city finance department with the parcel number and address for the condo in question.
Eric Bryant, , Long Beach, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Sounds like a question for your Realtor? If you do not have a Realtor or can not afford one, one can be presented to you before any questioning...:) Just having some fun, seriously though, if my team can be of any service, please call or email. Best of Luck! The Coach thecoach@prucalifornia.com