Does anyone know what areas of Chicago ( and suburbs) have housing that was developed primarly in the 1960's?

Asked by Unknown, Chicago, IL Tue Jul 22, 2008

I need to move from a South Loop highrise condo into a family friendly area. I would like to find an area with a large pool of 60's era homes to choose from, especially ones that may have incorporated some of the elements of Modernism that were in style Architecturally at the time. Any Ideas?

Answers

4
Debbie, , 60445
Fri Aug 1, 2008
I grew up in the Playfield area of Crestwood (south suburb) and we moved into our newly built house in 1960. The homes are primarily brick Cape Cods, ranches, and raised ranches but there are some bi-levels that were built in the second phase. Crestwood also has a property tax rebate program that is quite attractive.
Lisa Schade, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Fri Jul 25, 2008
In Northern Lake county there are many subdivisions that primarily built in the 60's. What areas are you looking for.
Please feel free to contact me directly or logon to my website to search for your self.
Brandon Schu…, Agent, Western Springs, IL
Tue Jul 22, 2008
Many of the towns around my area have homes that were built during that time. Standard Brick ranches and Bi-Levels with basemens and lower level family rooms. Some have side drives. Standard 35X125 foot lot and up. You're about 15 miles outside of down town Chicago and right in between I55 (Stevenson Expressway) and I290 (Eisenhower Expressway). Some of towns, to give you an idea, are Lyons, Brookfield, North Riverside, Broadview and Westchester. If you go to my website and scroll down towards the bottom I'm in the process of building links for the surrounding towns here. Some are ready to click.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Unknown, , NW Suburbs
Tue Jul 22, 2008
Sunset Hills - Area borders - East of Roselle Rd. North of Nerge Rd. West of Plum Grove Rd. South of Wise Rd. Go to Google Maps and search "e nerge rd. schaumburg, il."