Does anyone know the land requirements to have a two horse barn in weston, wayland, dover or wellesley? TIA

Asked by Mary, Boston, MA Tue Sep 29, 2009

Answers

4
Diana Chaplin, Agent, Weston, MA
Tue Nov 17, 2009
The town of Weston is a bit of an exception compared to the others here because it has a Right to Farm bylaw which you can read at http://www.massagcom.org/about/agcoms/weston_rtf.pdf -- this specifically lists keeping of horses as a specially protected activity in the town.

While this doesn't guarantee you can build a horse barn anywhere in Weston, it does give you some protections.

If you want to know more about Zoning in Weston, feel free to give me a call.
The Walsh Te…, Agent, Wellesley, MA
Tue Sep 29, 2009
Hi Mary,

I have called the four Town Offices and and I am waiting to hear back from Weston and Wayland. Just so you know, Dover is probably your least restrictive town. According to the information I received from them it appears as though you just have to meet the setback requirements and they all vary depending on lot size. Wellesley is tough- in order to build a two horse barn, you need a minimum of 5 acres zoned for agricultural and you must meet the setbacks. Less than 5 acres, a variance would be required through the zoning board of appeals. That's all I have for now, I will keep you posted on Weston and Wayland and if you are considering a move please feel free to contact us, we would love the opportunity to work with you!

Evan Walsh

-The Walsh Team-
508-934-4030
info@walshteam.com

William Raveis Real Estate
50 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
781-235-5000
Web Reference:  http://www.walshteam.com
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Tue Sep 29, 2009
Hi Mary- Its quite likely that each town has their own requirements and zoning. So nobody could give you one flat answer.
Depends on the zoning of your street/ neighborhood as well- naturally. Its more than just a min. acre requirement.
You should just call the town offices, and speak with the zoning or the planning officer. If you need further help, please let me know. Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
Joe Salcedo, , San Jose, CA
Tue Sep 29, 2009
Good Mornong,

If the zoning is Agriculture its ok.