Does anyone know of any lease to purchase homes in Panama City Beach area? Wanting to find something ASAP

Asked by Madalyn Jones, Panama City Beach, FL Tue May 8, 2012

Answers

9
Cindy Affina…, Home Buyer, Latham, NY
Thu Jan 24, 2013
I have a one bedroom one bath unit at Greenwood Estates which is on North Lagoon Drive. Complex is right on the lagoon. It is approximately 800 square feet, almost totally renovated in the past month. Looking to get $70,000 with five percent down and $750 per month with $400 a month going towards further down payment. Let me know if you are interested.

Cindy
518-265-0753
Instead of rent to own, would you consider a large down payment and owner finance the rest? Thank you. Michelle
Flag Fri Feb 3, 2017
Instead of lease to own, would you consider a hefty down payment and owner finance? Many thanks, Michelle
Flag Fri Feb 3, 2017
, ,
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Good morning Madalyn,

Rent To Own is a better deal for the Seller than it would ever be for a potential Buyer.

The basic concept is finding a way to "force" savings towards a down payment by including a portion of the monthly rental that goes towards that savings. You pay your rent every month and your Landlord deducts a pre-determined amount to hold in a special bank account, called an "escrow" account. Your Landlord holds that money until you have saved up enough---through this "forced-savings" method---to meet a down payment to purchase the home.

The terms of the purchase price, including the down payment amount, and the amount to be set aside from the rental for down payment, are all set down at the time of lease signing.

It's all about helping the renter/tenant save up enough money for a down payment to buy a home (in this case, the one you're renting). But this is a better deal for the Seller because he gets to lock in a purchase price and a buyer today for a future sale.

Saving money for a down payment? Well, heck, you can do that on your own.

If you are dedicated to the idea of buying your own home, you can create your own savings plan to save up enough money for a down payment. And when you have saved up enough for a down payment, if that takes a year or two or more, YOU get to decide on the price you're willing to pay for the house at that time based on current market conditions. You won't be locked in to a price that may be a lot higher than what the house is worth in the future.

With Rent To Own you'll be locked in both to the house and to the price, even if it takes you 3 years to save enough through the forced savings of the rent payments. What happens if three years from now your life situation has changed? Maybe you need a bigger/smaller home. Maybe your employment has relocated. Maybe your credit or income is insufficient to qualify for a mortgage loan.

Find a way to save up on your own; not with Rent To Own.

Sit down with a local Mortgage Banker and get yourself prequalified, too. You may find you're better qualified than you think you are, and, if you're not, at least you'll know how much loan your income and credit qualify you for, and how much you have to save towards down payment and closing costs.

Trevor Curran
Karen Smith, Agent, Panama City Beach, FL
Fri Jul 27, 2012
I actually have a really nice home in Wild Heron that is a Lease purchase or owner finance. The home is gorgeous but you would need 20% down to do this. Let me know if we can help you!!!

grateful,
Karen

850-527-5651
Yolanda Salas, , Panama City Beach, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Madalyn,

You asked this question over a month ago - have you found something yet? Please feel free to contact me. I may be able to help you if you have not yet found something.
Mark, Home Buyer, Montgomery County, AL
Fri Jun 8, 2012
yes 2323 anne ave in pcb conatct me at bodybymark@ymail.com
Sandra, , Wetumpka, AL
Sat May 12, 2012
et e know if u find anyrhing!
Sandra, , Wetumpka, AL
Sat May 12, 2012
let me know if you find anything, please!
Kelly Klein, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
With certain specific terms, I know of one seller who could do this. However, what type of downpayment do you have and what type of payments can you afford. Let's talk.
Kelly Klein
Kelly@KellyKleinSoldMine.com
I sent you my email. Please let me know if you didn't receive it! Thanks
Flag Tue May 8, 2012
Nancy Young, Agent, Panama City Beach, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
Madalyn,

There are a few places that will do a lease to purchase in Panama City Beach. If you would send me your email address, i could email them to you. What size and price range are you looking for?

Have a Blessed Day!

Nancy

Nancy Young, Realtor/CDPE
Certified Distressed Property Expert

Prudential Shimmering Sands Realty
7939 Panama City Beach Parkway
Panama City Beach, FL 32413
850-235-1433 Office
850-258-7141 Cell
850-235-9003 Fax

NancyYoungPCB@gmail.com E-Mail
nyoung@knology.net E-Mail
http://www.PanamaCityBeachRE.com Web site
I sent you my email address! Please let me know if you didn't receive it!
Flag Tue May 8, 2012