Home Buying in Myers Park>Question Details

James, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Does anyone know of any home in MP for $400K or less and less than 5 years old...that's all brick,

Asked by James, Charlotte, NC Sun Mar 17, 2013

It depends what size home you are wanting. I am currently building a BRAND NEW HOME in the Myers Park school district (Myers Park HS, Alexander Graham MS, Selwyn Elem). Land is expensive in Myers Park, and so we'd need to discuss what you're wanting in the home for your price range. I also am building several others in the Myers Park HS district, but that go to other middle and elementary schools.

Call me to discuss the options: 704-858-2345
Nate Wolf, Custom Home Specialist

My clients are currently building homes in the $320,000 to $780,000 price ranges. In Myers Park HS district there are a few options. Call me.
Good morning, James:
There are about 140 properties for sale in Myers Park and the surroundings. List is in link below. Here are your main options: You can get new in Madison Park, you can look for a home which has been modernized, you could get an older home in the area you want and use a renovation loan to modernize and make it full brick, you could get a building lot and build, you can get a brick condo, you can expand your area or change your price. If you would like to see inside any of these homes, please contact through profile. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Web Reference: http://goo.gl/KtA1J

finding a home in Myers park is not going to eb difficult. meetign the criteria of under $400,000 and full brick would not be impossible. finding it less than five eyars old will be. Myers park si one fo the oldest most established nmeighborhoods in Charlotte. With it's close proximity to uptown and it's old stately homes; most of which was built in the 1920's to the 1960's command a higher dollar on the market today.

Ones built within the last five years are a product fo a builder going in and tearing down the house and building a newer home on the lot...Those homes tend to be priced closer to the million dollar range than the $400,000 range.

Dave diCecco
Coldwell Banker United
Hi James - Myers Park in home to some of the most expensive real estate in all of Charlotte. Being so close to Uptown, most of the homes were built prior to 1960. As a matter of fact, I grew up in Myers Park in a home that was built in 1928! My husband grew up in a newer Myers Park home - it was built in 1956!

Finding anything under $400k in Myers Park will be challeging enough; finding full brick, under $400k, less than 5 years old - not going to happen! There are homes in Myers Park that are under 5 years old, but these are tear downs and, if full brick, would be in the Million Dollar range.

Believe me, if I could find a newer full brick home in Myers Park for under $400k, I'd buy it myself!

If you are looking for an easy way to search for Myers Park homes, you will love the user-friendly search capibilties of my website, http://www.BuyAHomeInCharlotte.com. You can set yourself up to receive new listing alerts for homes just in Myers Park that are within your price range & criteria (ie, 5 years old or newer).

Good luck with your search!

Kathleen Turner
The Kathleen Turner Realty Group
Hi James!

Email me directly and I'll keep an eye out for properties meeting your criteria. More than likely, you will be hardpressed finding NEW homes under $400k in MP. Your best bet in that price range is a 1400-1700sqft renovated property. I personally live in Myers Park and would love to help with your search. It doesn't cost you anything to use me as a buyer's agent!

John Siddons
You will not find a home in Myers Park under five years old. You may find a home that has been completely renovated. Occassionally I will come accross a home that has been torn down and rebuilt. Now we can find a little new construction closer over toward Southpark area, but very few. Are you looking for a single family home or townhome?

Abby Nelson
Good afternoon, James!

It honestly does not exist. Myers Park traditionally is compiled with older renovated homes with some newer construction that might have been a tear down. Unfortunately, this location comes along with a hefty price tag.

I would love to make other suggestions but before I do so, I would love to learn more about why you are looking at Myers Park. Is it because of ... Schools? Job proximity? Lifestyle?

I would love to help ... Please let me know how I can!

Debra M Buck
HM Properties
704.421.2107 Cell
Web Reference: http://Www.hmproperties.com
No, not MP. I'd be glad to show you some beautiful homes in that price range. 704-392-0559
I think that is almost impossible to find... There are not many homes in Myers Park that are less than 5 years old. And If they are the land cost would be almost as much as $400K especially if it was built 5 years ago. Lots at that time were going for about $400 - 500K. If someone built a house within the last 5 years in MP they would build a home that's cost would be 4 times land cost. So - this is why I say that would be impossible to find.

If you want a nice new brick home they are building some off Woodlawn Road. You won't have Myers Park Schools but it is only a couple miles away from Myers Park and has what you are looking for in your budget.