Does anyone know of an area where I can live in a condo and be close to horse farms to keep my horse?

Asked by Mcifuni, Palm City, FL Sat Nov 24, 2012

Answers

7
Monica Murphy, Renter, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Happy Holidays!

Would you be interested in a townhome property? If so, contact me at mondmur@gmail.com to discuss what I have available.

Warm Regards,

Monica
Becky Peed, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 7, 2013
I would love to help you with that. I live in Marvin, beautiful horse country. Depending on your other needs, there are a lot of options. As a horse owner, I am very familiar with the barns and lease option for you and your horse.

Feel free to contact me. Becky Peed 704-578-0511; beckypeed@kw.com
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Good afternoon, Mary:
I helped a horse owner purchase a condo in the Cornelius/Davidson/Huntersville area. There are quite a few barns/stables in Gaston, North Charlotte, Union County that are within a reasonable distance to a broad range of condos. As you get farther from Uptown Charlotte into Cabarrus and Iredell and Lincoln Counties, there are going to be more equestrian options, but fewer condos - especially fewer luxury condos. The direction we would be looking would depend on the type of condo you want and the price range you prefer. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. Id be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Robin Faison, Agent, Huntersville, NC
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Mcifuni,

Great question! All of the answers are good- all of the areas will provide you with both things. The real question is what do you want to pay for stabling and for the condo. Will you be working in Charlotte metro or just coming to vacation here? There are two other counties in our area known for horsing around- Iredell and Cabarrus. The Mooresville area of Iredell County would be a good area to call home, near Lake Norman, Lowe's Corporate Center, Lake Norman Regional Medical Center. There are 21 condos or townhouses under $155,000 around Mooresville.

Here is a link to a stable, although you can find several by googling horse stables near Mooresville. You also will find some great stables off of Hwy 3 in Cabarrus County and around Davidson, NC.
By the way, the weather is much more conducive to riding here, particularly in the spring and fall. The Latta Plantation Equestrian Center has riding trails and events, a public park near Huntersville. You might want to check the Mint Hill and Albemarle areas for stables too.

http://www.foxhollowfarmnc.com/
Happy trails to you,
Robin
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Nov 24, 2012
South Charlotte area is great for this around Waxhaw/Weddington area. E-mail me directly with a bit more about what you're looking for as I'd love to help you with your move!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
Abby Nelson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Nov 24, 2012
Yes, There are several barns in the Charlotte area. My daughter rides at a barn in Indian Land (about 10 minutes to Ballantyne/Blakeney Area)

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net
Susan Zongker, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Nov 24, 2012
There are a variety of areas in and around Charlotte where you can live in a condo and be convenient to a horse farm. I am going to give you one example since I am more familar with the northern end of Charlotte.

There is a horse farm called Horse Shadow Run located at 3022 Miranda Road
Charlotte, NC 28216. This is not far from the Northlake Mall area and Huntersville. Website: http://www.horseshadowrun.com/

The townhome community of Holly Ridge is in north Charlotte is just off of Mount Holly-Huntersville Road which may work for you. Also, numerous communities in Huntersville, such as Tanner's Creek, Rosedale, and Crosswinds have townhomes. You would probably be around 10-15 minutes from the farm.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.