Does anyone know of a good realtor in the area of Reading, MA?

Asked by M, Massachusetts Sun May 31, 2009

Answers

9
Bill Hoey’s answer
Bill Hoey, Agent, North Reading, MA
Mon Jun 11, 2012
If you are still looking for a good REALTOR in the Reading area I can help you.
My office is in North Reading and I am available to work with you (7) days a week.
Call, text or email anytime. Bill Hoey, 781-710-3132, bhoey@renrealtors.com, http://www.billhoeyrealtor.com
Greg Stratton…, Agent, Cambridge, MA
Thu Dec 11, 2014
If you are looking for a good Realtor, for a purchase OR a sale, it is important to keep in mind that either one, especially if it is your primary residence, is typically one of the largest financial transactions in your life. This answer is a bit long, but worth reading precisely due to the fact that this is an incredibly important decision!

For that reason in particular, I would strongly recommend interviewing multiple Realtors for the job of representing you. It can make a huge difference, measured in dollars, time, and/or peace of mind. Most Realtors will be happy to have an initial consultation at no charge, where you will be able to evaluate their professionalism, skill level, experience, personality, and whatever other factors are important to you. Find someone that you "click" with.

I would caution you against selecting someone for just one reason, such as for example a low commission - a good Realtor (when selling a property) will add value greater than the commission (otherwise the entire industry would not exist!). With respect to this example, if someone is willing to compromise on the commission THEY are getting paid for their own time by agreeing to take, say, 4% instead of 5% (every brokerage determines their own commission policies), how well do you think they will be able to represent YOUR interests when negotiating with buyers? Commission is an easy sticking point for some consumers, but it is just one of many factors (different for each buyer or seller) that will contribute to your final decision.

You will find good Realtors in large and small agencies, both national firms and local, independent ones. You will also find agents who are not nearly as good in the same places. That is why it is important to listen to the individual approach of several professionals before making a final hiring decision. Certainly it is worth a few hours of your time to interview multiple Realtors when the difference between hiring one versus another may ultimately be hours of your time, and potentially a great deal of money - thousands, or even tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, or even more than that in a very large transaction!

A final note is that not all real estate agents can say they are a "Realtor." A Realtor is a member of a professional organization to which they pay dues, but more importantly, have committed to following a higher code of ethics than strictly required by law. In MA, membership requires attending a class about this, and making a formal oath to adhere to the ethical standards of the local and national professional organization (National Association of Realtors is the national organization). So when you hear someone say that they are a "Realtor," if they are being truthful, it means that they have not just been licensed as a real estate agent, but have also taken the steps to become authorized to use this designation as I described.

If you are still in the process of searching for someone to represent you, I would love the opportunity to interview for the job of doing so. I actually grew up in Reading, and my parents live there to this day. While my agency is based in Boston, I love to work in the communities north of the city, and am intimately familiar with Reading. In fact, I still spend a lot of my time there (also do not live far away), and recently decided to intensely focus on that market area (01867 zip code) in particular.

I would be happy to meet, free of charge, to discuss your situation, my qualifications, and the things that differentiate me from others, and see if we would be a good match. Such an interview is in fact a two-way process, because while you must select someone who can represent your interests well, I only take on business that I feel comfortable handling, and sometimes will decline to represent clients for various reasons after meeting with them.

Should you wish to contact me, my information is below - feel free to call or email me at any time.

Greg Stratton
Weichert Realtors,
Metropolitan Boston Real Estate
297 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115
gregmbre@gmail.com
Frank Keane, , Reading, MA
Wed May 23, 2012
Hello Morgan

I have been live and work in Reading for over 40 years. I can answer any questions you have about Reading and compare Reading to surrounding towns

Frank Keane, Realtor

Premier Realty Group
553 Main Street
Reading

781-205-9721
Frank@frankkeanerealestate.com
FrankKeanerealestate@facebook.com
Pd, , Reading, MA
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Paul Staffier
Boardwalk Real Estate
Reading, MA 01867
781-944-7820 ext.431
pstaffier@boardwalkrealestate.com
Kristen Blan…, Agent, Dracut, MA
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Hi Morgan!

I am a local agent that does work in Reading and the surrounding towns. If I can be of assistance feel free to let me know! Good luck with your search! -Kristen
Web Reference:  http://www.sellyourden.com
Tim Cahill, , Arlington, MA
Sun May 31, 2009
Hello Morgan!
Thanks for checking on here - it shows you're an internet savvy buyer, which is my specialty! Feel free to give me a call - I work with RE/MAX Heritage at 248 Main St. in Reading. I'd be happy to help you evaluate the market and find your perfect home. And if you happen to be eco-conscious, I can also help you out with finding homes to suit those needs as well!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
--Tim Cahill
781-944-6060
Indy KW Real…, , Avon, IN
Sun May 31, 2009
I have a partner that works in Massachusetts. I can put you in contact with them, if you are interested. They can help you with all of the details of finding and purchasing the perfect home that you are looking for. Click on "contact me" under my photo at the link below and I can put them in contact with you. I am also available for any questions that may arise as well.
Paul Stonkus, Agent, Lynn, MA
Sun May 31, 2009
Go to rebac.com and put in the area to find yourself a good buyers' agent!
Good Luck
Paul
Web Reference:  http://www.lynnforsale.com
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Sun May 31, 2009
If it is to buy:
http://www.territoryre.com
Built exclusively for home buyer's with guaranteed savings no other agency can match.