Does anyone know if homes built in Palmetto Trace subdivision were built with CHINESE DRYWAL??

Asked by oro5z, Panama City Beach, FL Thu Feb 21, 2013

Interested in buying there but worry about this problem.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3082493404-103-Windsor-Way-Pa…

Answers

4
Chris Charles, Agent, Panama City Beach, FL
Thu Feb 21, 2013
That is and excellent question to ask your Realtor. I highly doubt that a home in Palmetto Trace has Chinese Drywall. I am an experienced Realtor on the beach in Bay County and there is only one home that I know of that had Chinese Drywall issues. There are usually tell tale signs, such as an acrid smell in the home and finishes on fixtures are usually affected. A home inspector should definitely be consulted if you have concerns and checking for Chinese Drywall is something that they should check for in their inspection. One of the ways that they check is to remove the electrical outlet cover and check the condition of the wiring inside. Corrosion of the metal and discoloring is usually a sign that there might Chinese Drywall. But again, Chinese Drywall was not a big issue on the beach in Bay County. I would be happy to help you. My team at Beachy Beach is made up of our Broker and I as listing specialists, and Lisa Ward & Betsy Hulsey, our Buyer's Agents. We would love to help you along every step of the purchasing process. Call me at 850-866-3720 or Karen Smith at 850-527-5651 and we can point you in the right direction. Our office number is 850-233-4351. Check out our web site at http://www.beachybeach.com.
Steve Hord, , Panama City, FL
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Most likely not. Only one home in Bay County was found to have chinese drywall, and that was found by me, after it was listed with three different brokerages who did not catch it. Once I was hired to inspect, I discovered it. It was a house on the extreme West end of the Beach and the builder was from an adjoining county using his drywall suppliers from there as well. I have discovered many homes in the Freeport and Walton County areas that do contain chinese drywall, with most being bult in 2006 and or 2007. I have inspected numerous homes in Palmetto Trace and have yet to see one home in there that has chinese drywall. Give me a call and I can tell you some fairly easy tell tale signs to look for in your search, or I can arrange a home inspection to look at all features of the home as well. Cardinal Home Inspection (850) 215-4700
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Feb 22, 2013
If the home was built from 2002-2007, or was remodeled during the period, paying a few hundred dollars for a specialized Chinese drywall inspection seems like a good investment when compared to the fact that Chinese drywall findings in the home will devastate the value of the home.
Don Hofferbe…, , Panama City Beach, FL
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Chinese Drywall has to be done on a case to case basis and can only be positively identified through a home inspection. Noneof the current homes for sale in Palmetto Trace claim to have the problem.