Does anyone know if Peter Cooper/Stuyvesant complex will convert to a condo or co-op and be sold as individual units? Thank you.

Asked by Lucky, New York, NY Wed Sep 22, 2010

Answers

3
Tony Lara, , New York, NY
Tue Oct 12, 2010
I agree there's been active talks about it but nothing concrete. If you're looking to purchase please keep in mind the interest rates are still very low. The sellers are still somewhat nervous and are more flexible with pricing. They're not providing free lunch but as a buyer, Lucky is in the driver's seat. I'll be more then happy to assist, feel free to contact for all your real estate needs.

TONY LARA
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
917-647-8966
tlara@crrnyc.com
Elkin Serna, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Sep 22, 2010
It's been propossed but it's something that will have to go in from of the tenant associassion. Something of this magnitude can take years to become a reality considering all the red tape and thousands of tenants many which have different opinions on the matter.

Best... Elkin
Jim Lanfranc…, , New York, NY
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Negotiations are currently taking place nbetween the lienholders. One of the lienholders is recommending to the judge that new plan be an ownership plan. I would think that would get approved and condominiums would be a better bet than coopperative units.