Does anyone know if Hamilton Square is negotiable on their asking prices?

Asked by Laura, 07302 Sun Jan 4, 2009

Answers

3
Umar Khawaja, Agent, Edgewater, NJ
Tue Jul 28, 2009
Laura,

In this market, EVERYTHING, is negotiable. I would urge you to get an agent to work for you when it comes to negotiating a sales price for a unit.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at jrzrealtor@gmail.com
Christopher…, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Hi Laura,

Yes-they are negotiable. A colleague of mine just negotiated a deal their for her clients. Most times its best to go into sales centers with realtor IF they are knowledgeable and have good relationships with the developer/sales center. This is the only way to ensure you are getting the best price possible.

Chris
Walter Burns, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Mon Jan 5, 2009
Laura,

I am not aware that Hamilton Square is lowering their prices or telling agents that they are "willing to negotiate." From my experience, that is something a large developer is not going to reveal to us. They are trying to maximize their profit and maintain values for residents who already purchased in the project.

I've seen developers in this market like Toll Brothers and Khov offer a lot of incentives to a buyer like free upgrade packages and maintenance fees paid for a certain period of time. You may want to see if Hamilton Square is offering any of these incentives to you if you make an offer.

If you are looking to negotiate with Hamilton Square I suggest you make an offer for what you feel the property is worth. The worst they can say is no to your offer or come back to you with a counter-offer. That is the best way to find out if they are negotiable.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Walter J. Burns
Realtor-Associate
Weichert Realtors
1 Newark St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-653-8488 Ext: 230
201-694-8946 Mobile
201-653-4154 Fax
wburns@weichert.com