Does anyone know if Berkeley Heights has a good special education program, specifically for autism? We are also looking into Madison or Chatham.

Asked by rsaglio, New Providence, NJ Sun Nov 25, 2012

Answers

7
pbar1, Home Buyer, Meadow Vista, CA
Thu Oct 9, 2014
The best special ed department in the area is the one at Watchung Hills Regional High School. Go look at their program you'll be impressed.
monaghan.aar…, Home Buyer, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Berkeley Heights has a great education program and a proactive special education program. The teachers are great and provide one on one or small groups with learning disabilities, but I'm not sure about Autism. I would call to make sure!
Ladydy326, Home Buyer, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Wed Jun 26, 2013
There is a school in New Providence (8 minute ride) - The
Developmental Learning Center, which is a school specifically for children/young adults with autism I'm pretty srue BH doesn't have what you need.
Susanne Chie…, Agent, Gillette, NJ
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Hello again-
The person you should speak to is Toby Marcus. She is the head of the Child Study Team and can answer any questions you may have. She can be reached at 908-464-1298 or 908-464-1299. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Best of luck.

Susanne Chiefa
908-227-9885
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Looks like you've gotten some good early indicators - from here recommend you contact the schools directly. All great towns with well respected schools - be sure they have the special programs you need. As far as the home search, I'll throw my hat in the ring - do business in all of the towns you've identified as targets.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Susanne Chie…, Agent, Gillette, NJ
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Hi there- I live in Berkeley Heights and am an active member of the school PTO. I have always heard good things about the special education program in our district. If you are interested, I can get you in touch with the appropriate school principal so you can obtain detailed information regarding the program. How old is your child?

I can be reached at 908-227-9885, or by email at schiefa@aol.com.
Gerald P. Li…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Berkeley Heights does have a good special education program, specifically for autism. My sister is a special education teacher in a local elementary school and works with autistic students. Basking Ridge also has a good special education program. I live in Berkeley Heights, and my office is in Basking Ridge, so I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have about the area.