Does anyone know anything about this property? 71 FAWN PL Danville, CA 94526 Is this a good way of getting into Danville. We have a very short budget

Asked by Mike, Oakland, CA Fri Apr 8, 2011

Answers

7
Steve Curtis, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Mike ... several excellent points are made with the previous comments. I showed this property last week for much the same reason you are considering it. The quick answer is that it would be a good entry point into the Danville market. It does however need a LOT of work on both the interior and the exterior, including a significant roof leak in the garage and dry rot around much of the exterior. It appears that while there is an HOA that the homeowner is reponsible for the exterior maintenance. The kitchen is in very poor condition. On the plus side it is an excellent floor plan and located at the corner of Fawn and Ridgeland so while it is a duet it feels like it is detached.

As to your short budget, assuming you are also short on cash, FHA may be the way to go for you. This development is a PUD and FHA has different rules for PUD's than for Condos so check with your agent or contact me.

Steve Curtis
Broker / Owner
DRE # 00350257
Windermere
925-408-0037
Steve@SteveCurtisHomes.com
http://www.ContraCostaHomes.Listingbook.com
DRE #00960101…, Agent, Danville, VA
Sat Apr 9, 2011
I noted that this property is now showing up as "pending subject to lender approval." If this is your offer, here's to a good escrow!
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Hello Mike,

Where did you pull up this property from? Do you have a link as I tried to pull it up on the our Realtor database MLS and it shows up as expired. If you can send me the link, I can provide more details as I do not like to give advice without verifying everything. Thank you
DRE #00960101…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
I am familair with the property, and would be happy to discuss with you in person. I would not want to get your hopes too high that you can pruchase this at list price.
Carolyn Zeig…, , Danville, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Hi Mike,
This property would be a great way to get into the Danville area. However, based on the condition of the property, it may not be a good candidate for a regular FHA loan; however, there is a "fix-up" loan with FHA which might work for you depending on your financial circumstances.
Please feel free to call me or my FHA lender to discuss all the requirements of this loan.
Good luck! The Danville/San Ramon corridor is a great place to live!

Carolyn Zeigler, CRS
Re/Max Accord
925-487-1996
Kerry Joseph, Agent, Danville, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Hi Mike ~ My colleagues have given you some great recommendations. Let me make one more as you're considering this property and it will most likely come down to the financial. The listing does state that they are not considering FHA and also there is an HOA fee of about $133 to consider. Check with your lender or if you don't have one, I can refer you to one. You most certainly want to make sure that you'll be comfortable with the payment monthly payment if there is the opportunity to get in it.
Web Reference:  http://www.josephre.com
Doug Ledeboer, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Mike,

This property would be a GREAT way to get into Danville. The location provides easy access to the freeway and its fairly close to town. I just relocated a young couple from San Francisco into this community and they love it! This community provides a Danville address at San Ramon prices... The only drawback is that you might have a little freeway noise.

As you probably know, this particular duet is a short-sale and it has been on the market for quite a while (not unusual with short-sales). The Trustees Sale Notice has been posted, so the lender is probably ready to get serious about entertaining offers. The listing indicates the lender has approved the sale at $375k, which would be a good buy in the neighborhood. If you can pick it up for less, better yet.

If you're interested in receiving comparable sales information in the area, please let me know and I'll forward data over this morning. Bottom line, if you could pick this property up at a good price, it would be a great way to get started in Danville. Good luck and please let me know if I can of of assistance to you.

Doug Ledeboer
Web Reference:  http://www.dougledeboer.com