Does anyone have quality home inspectors and their contact information for out-of-state investor to use?

Asked by Freedom, Hawaii Wed Jan 11, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Suzanne Hamilton’s answer
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Wed Jan 11, 2012
I would also warn you that Hazel Crest does have a point of sale inspection, so you need to do it about 2 weeks before you close on a property there. You will need to escrow money for anything that needs to be brought up to code.
1 vote
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Wed Jan 11, 2012
I use Bob Dybala at Hometeam 708-645-5696 and Tim Kerfin of Kerfin Inspectors 773-233-7446. Wonderful inspectors - they both know everything and do a great job. They are patient with homeowners and answer questions. I will recommend them both very highly.
1 vote
Michael Meri…, , Oak Forest, IL
Thu Jan 12, 2012
I would be careful about using a home inspector that is referred by a real estate agent. The inspector may not be independent. Sometimes home inspectors will write a "soft report" so that the deal does not fall apart and they can get more referrals from the agent. I a not saying that all inspectors or agents do this, but it is an issue in the industry. Do you homework first.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Hazel Crest Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more