Does anyone have flooding details or experiences for the Sparkill in Tappan?

Asked by JM, Tappan, NY Mon Feb 11, 2013

Answers

6
Kenny Ng, , 10983
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Didn't see much of any flooding only trees down
JM, Home Buyer, Tappan, NY
Mon Feb 11, 2013
From what I found online I know there was flooding during Irene, not sure how extensive it was.

Thanks for the replies
I live here give me a call if you like more details
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013
Rita Van Bur…, Agent, New City, NY
Mon Feb 11, 2013
The best place to get accurate information is FEMA's map service website: https://msc.fema.gov
That will give you as accurate information as possible. They also have a live chat line to field questions. Good luck and let me know if I can be of service helping you find a home.
Maureen McEn…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Hello JM,

Given the large storms we have experienced in the last few months, new flood are maps are being prepared. I believe they will be published in April of this year. Some areas that were previously not in the flood zones are likely to be included in the new maps. The town has maps of the current flood zones if you are interested. Are you looking for a home in Tappan or Sparkill? If so, I would be delighted to help you locate, negotiate for and close on your new home.

Maureen McEnroe
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Prudential Joyce Realty
914-588-1873
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Feb 11, 2013
P.S. sorry about the typos!!
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Hello JM, recently showd a home in a low lying area of Sparkill. The Owner had a sump pump which was coninuously running and purging out into a catch basin on the road. Tappan also has some low lying area like Paul/Carol streets for one. Hope you find a great home & if I can be of service, please get in touch. Regards Allan